Does anyone know anything about this Girar Perregaux Vintage Watch?

Thread: Does anyone know anything about this Girar Perregaux Vintage Watch?

Question Does anyone know anything about this Girar Perregaux Vintage Watch?

I'm trying to find more information on this watch that I found at a thrift store. I think it looks nice but I have not checked if it actually works or not. I'm not familiar with this watch and I'm having a hard time finding information on this particular one online. Hoping someone here can help me out!

It comes in it's original red box, I have the picture of the watch below. Information on the watch:

HNZ3TH
    os1469-31

Name:  46514086_287379765220625_7469882034022776832_n.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  253.9 KB

The etching on the back says:
    PAT. NO. 2732.684
    10K.G.F. TOP CAPS64

Name:  46493568_660224431045609_9004163223963828224_n.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  31.0 KB

Re: Does anyone know anything about this Girar Perregaux Vintage Watch?

It has an early 50's look about it. If your planning to keep it, has it serviced before winding it.

Your watch has a gold filled bracelet. The case of the watch itself may be different. It usually has a marking some wear on the outside of the case. Occasionally thr Mark is only on the inside. It would have to be opened. Not difficult to do but if unfamiliar it would be easy to damage or fall from your hands. All GP watches are higher quality but small ladies watches are not desirable to most collectors despite heir attractiveness. Hopefully the case is 14k gold and you will have a nice piece. Gently wind the watch clockwise 10 turns or so , wait a couple minutes and see if the minute hand has moved. At least you will know if it runs or not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of detailed information about most vintage ladies' watches. Girard Perregaux is a very well-known brand and it's probably authentic, although we'd need to see the movement to be certain. The dial has likely been re-painted at some point, just judging by the staining within the numbers compared with the much cleaner dial. Is there anything in particular you wanted to know? The case material will probably be marked inside the case-back.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Is there a way for me to find out if the case is 14k gold? I don't recall seeing anything other than the 10KGF. Currently on sale for $89 and come Friday it'd be reduced by 40%. So unsure if it's worth this price.

I'll have to go back and wind the watch 10 times to see if it works. The thrift store doesn't let me buy it and return it. I also do not know how to open the case so that wouldn't help me much at all haha.

Quote Originally Posted by voxt View Post
    Is there a way for me to find out if the case is 14k gold? I don't recall seeing anything other than the 10KGF. Currently on sale for $89 and come Friday it'd be reduced by 40%. So unsure if it's worth this price.

I'll have to go back and wind the watch 10 times to see if it works. The thrift store doesn't let me buy it and return it. I also do not know how to open the case so that wouldn't help me much at all haha.
    As I mentioned, look inside the case-back for a stamp/hallmark. It will probably say something like 14k or G.F., etc.

Worth the price? Well, $53 isn't much if you find it attractive. I'm sure you pay more for various items of decorative jewelry. However, if you are going to wear it on any sort of regular basis, you will probably need to pay for the movement to be serviced, which will be significantly more expensive than the $53 initial investment. So only you can decide if it's worth it.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thread Information