Does anyone know of "Osata"?

Thread: Does anyone know of "Osata"?

Does anyone know of "Osata"?

Hi,

Does anyone know of the brand "Osata"? I just picked one up on EBay for $10, but I don't know anything about the brand, and I haven't been able to find any info on them either.

I have no pictures available at the moment, but this is the item number on the 'bay: 270668070224. The seller listed it in the 1940-69 category, but it looks like a 70's design to me. Apparently it uses a BFG 866 (pin lever?) mechanism.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!

Re: Does anyone know of "Osata"?

These pin lever movements tended to sink down into watches at the bottom end of the watch market. In that market segment, companies tended to come and go frequently.

Post some pics when it comes in and we will 'chew on it'. (Which actually is a phrase derived from cows... it means talk about it and is sometimes stated as 'chew the cud' -- I know, nothing to do with watches. But fun for some none the less.)
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Does anyone know of "Osata"?

Here's one of the sellers pics - I bought it mainly because the I like the color of the dial. I'm not expecting some marvel of time keeping engineering, but figured that for $10 it does't really matter as long as it looks cool

I can post more pictures and movement shots when it arrives.

Name:  osata.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  23.1 KB

Thread Information