Does anyone know what this pocket watch is?

Thread: Does anyone know what this pocket watch is?

Does anyone know what this pocket watch is?

Hi there,I'm new to the antique watch scene and just bought my first one for $80, it has a bent minute hand but other than that it looks good, but my main problem is, does anyone know what it is? I've tried my best to find info about it but I'm stumped, the seller says it's late 1800's, early 1900's but that's about all I know about it.

Here's some pictures of it:
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  25.8 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  26.1 KBName:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  33.8 KB

Thanks!Jacob.

Re: Does anyone know what this pocket watch is?

Well, the movement is a typical ebauche with a Lepine V layout - tons of these were made in France and Switzerland. This one, as per the markings of the maker (Gustave Reymond) based in Le Locle, is Swiss.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

And around what years were these movements made? if you had to guess, when would you say this watch was made?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Lepine V layout was made on a large scale from circa 1850. By 1900, a key-wound Lepine V would be possible, but badly outdated. That gives you half a century - give or take a few years - of more or less plausible estimates. The style of the markings on the inner dust cover would suggest 1880-1900, but again, that's just a rough guess.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thanks for all the info! this definitely points me in the right direction to identify it. Have a nice day!

Thread Information