Does this Universal Geneve Tri-Compax have an original dial? What about the rest of it?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddashoff699

Thread: Does this Universal Geneve Tri-Compax have an original dial? What about the rest of it?

Does this Universal Geneve Tri-Compax have an original dial? What about the rest of it?

I just bought a Tricompax pretty cheaply, considering current market price. Do you think think is original? I am having real trouble putting together the pieces.

My initial reaction would be "yes" - though the word Tri-Compax look s little to high on the dial. What do you guys think?

I am also pretty skeptical about the back, which is steel. Either this is a solid gold piece or? Is it possibly gold plated?

Give me your thoughts!

,David

kazrich likes this.

Re: Does this Universal Geneve Tri-Compax have an original dial? What about the rest of it?

Dial, movement case looks all correct
    As do counter hands
    The hour/minute hands may be wrong to replacement?

all else is PERFECT!!
    So a great piece
    Last edited by HOROLOGIST007; September 22nd, 2013 at 04:02.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Re: Does this Universal Geneve Tri-Compax have an original dial? What about the rest of it?

It appears to be legit . The font is correct and the movement serial # is correct as well . The only thing that's missing is the import code on the balance cock . It should be UOW or UOX I don't remember off the top of my head . This only says that it's a European model . These were one of the few gold filled models that they made.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lucky lad...that is a truly wonderful thing.
    The hands if they are an add on compliment it superbly.

Congrats! Wonderful piece!

I`m looking for one like this for a longer time, but can`t get any for reasonable price. UG tri-compax`s prices at auctions are over the top now.
    I wish I`ve been looking for some 2-3 years ago. :(

Thread Information