Doxa anti magnetic

Thread: Doxa anti magnetic

Doxa anti magnetic

hey..i have a question... i have a doxa watch...it s kind of old...60 or 70 years..it s made of gold and the only writing on it is "doxa anti magnetic"...it has arabic numbers and...a stamped 6 digit number on the back!..i would like to know if anyone knows the value of a watch like this...and any other information regarding it ! thanks!

Re: Doxa anti magnetic

Sorry we never do valuations here for reasons outlined in our sticky notes. If you can post some pictures of the case dial and especially the movement we could try to ID it for you.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Sorry we never do valuations here for reasons outlined in our sticky notes. If you can post some pictures of the case dial and especially the movement we could try to ID it for you.
    here is a picture :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i am really curious about it..can we find out what year it was manufactured in..or...anything else? :)

Quote Originally Posted by she3k View Post
    i am really curious about it..can we find out what year it was manufactured in..or...anything else? :)
    If you can take the back off and give a sharp picture of the movement you'll get more information. Or if the case has legible British hallmarks.

From the style - which I like very much - I would guess at about 1950.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Yes I would also guess it's from ca 1950. Unfortunately there aren't any Doxa serial number records that I am aware of.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi -

I'd place it earlier, but we need pictures of the movement to be certain. The close spacing of the dial numbers to the rim points to an earlier period and shows some Bauhaus influence...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

i'havent really opened a watch before and i certanly don t have the tools ...but where should i try taking the back of..it doesn t have a point where i can insert something really thin...? any instructions?:D

and it has the numers 792741 written on the back..i don t know what that means :)

Thread Information