Dueber,Hampton, Pocket Watch, Inhereted

Thread: Dueber,Hampton, Pocket Watch, Inhereted

Dueber,Hampton, Pocket Watch, Inhereted

Know virtually nothing about this watch's age but I do know it was warranted , and it's number, 7648350 . can anyone help me. Thank you. It belonged to a relative of my wife, now deceased, the relative that is.

Re: Dueber,Hampton, Pocket Watch, Inhereted

Ask in the Vintage Forum.

stuffler,mike

Moved from INQUIRIES to the right place.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dueber and Hampton are the same watch co they made watches from 1877 to 1930 from the serial no you can tell the date the last serial no was for 1927 3980000 and your no 7948350 is a little higher can you post a photo of watch and the movement and this forum can help you a little better in telling you more info on your watch.

I believe it should be Hampden, not Hampton. The company was only named Dueber-Hampden Watch Co from 1923 until end of production in Canton, Ohio (moved to Russia ca. 1930), so if the watch is marked as such it may be from this period. Serial number from the movement is needed, the one quoted is likely from the case as it is too high as River Rat already indicated.

Erik_H

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_H View Post
    I believe it should be Hampden, not Hampton. The company was only named Dueber-Hampden Watch Co from 1923 until end of production in Canton, Ohio (moved to Russia ca. 1930), so if the watch is marked as such it may be from this period. Serial number from the movement is needed, the one quoted is likely from the case as it is too high as River Rat already indicated.

Erik_H
    Erik thanks for catching the misspelling I should of caught that.

The serial number doesn't make sense for Hampden as they made only about 4 million watches. We need to have the serial number off the movement, and preferably photos of the movement dial and case to try an ID. Please read our sticky note about Watch ID.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information