Dugena Festa.

Thread: Dugena Festa.

Dugena Festa.

I picked this up from Ebay about two months ago. It's a 1970s Dugena Festa, with a textured bezel. It's not in brilliant condition; there are some light marks on the face, and the crystal needs replacing, but it was an absolute steal (I was the only bidder). Described as running intermittently, it's been working well ever since I got it. Here are the pics:

And here's why it was a steal:

That's right, it's 14ct gold. And all for less than £10. Did I do well, or did I do well?
    "Civilization gets what it wants, is willing to pay for, and ultimately deserves".

Re: Dugena Festa.

Hi JL,

Looks like an intersting watch!

Im always very wary of hallmarks on the outside of a case! Ive got a "Omega" with similar "hallmarks"..... its neither a Omega or Gold!!

Not saying yours is not gold.... but are you certain?

Sorry to be a bit grumpy.... but would rather say my slight reservations!

Marc
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Movement is a Dugena Cal. 608 (= Peseux 7040):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Dugena 608 (Peseux 7040)

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Im always very wary of hallmarks on the outside of a case! Ive got a "Omega" with similar "hallmarks"..... its neither a Omega or Gold!!

Not saying yours is not gold.... but are you certain?
    I am certain. I have another Dugena Festa which is also marked on the outside of the case in a similar fashion:

"Civilization gets what it wants, is willing to pay for, and ultimately deserves".

Marc is quite right to be wary about some hallmarks, Madame picked up a nice "gold" bracelet a while ago, with a 14ct hallmark, but when I cleaned it up for her the "gold wash" showed up as having worn off in a couple of places, (but for less than 10€ who's going to worry).

Anyway, it's a bargain watch whichever way you look at it, a good clean up and a new acrylic and it'll look super. just goes to show that there's still bargains to be had out there. Well done.
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by JL Smout View Post
    I am certain. I have another Dugena Festa which is also marked on the outside of the case in a similar fashion
    Hi!

Congrats on a nice 1970s Dugena Festa! I can´t agree with the similarities of the marks, but I agree that both are real gold.
    The older one is 585/1.000 = 14 k gold in a German case, marked with the fineness, the German hallmark for gold(crown in a sun disc), and Dugena.
    The newer one is also 585/1.000 = 14 k, but in a Swiss case, marked with the fineness, the Swiss hallmark for 14 k gold(squirrel) and the responsibility mark of the maker of the case(the hammer head with the number 104 stands for Manufacture Cartier, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland).
    Definitely a steal!
    Last edited by mike184; June 8th, 2012 at 23:22.
    Best regards, Mike

I bought a Festa tank watch from the 50s on ebay for 110 euros. I just picked it up today from my local horologist where i had it serviced. He assured me that it was a great buy and that the 17 jewels movement will work for a long time.

Sounds good. Pictures would be nice.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Thread Information