Ebay fakes

Thread: Ebay fakes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ebay fakes

I was going through Ebay this morning seeing if there were any good deals out there. Ran into a Patek I saw several days ago. Darn thing has about 40 bidders and it is up to $480 now. Guy is selling it because of a defect...seems Patek's quality control was lacking one day and this watch can't keep the chrystal on. So rather than repair it, he is just going to sell it to the highest bidder. Heay, it even has a glass back so you can see the pretty movement...looks like a 2824 automatic movement!!!!

Banned

Re: Ebay fakes

That's eBay for you. I put on a hazmat suit before surfing anymore. I guess it's impossible to police all the listings, and if eBay is collecting fees they're probably not that motivated to remove anything unless it gets reported.

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Ooh, a one-of-a-kind Patek Phillipe. Bid on it before it disappears.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    if eBay is collecting fees they're probably not that motivated to remove anything unless it gets reported.
    If the manufacturer puts pressure on eBay to keep fakes out they will. Otherwise, you're right, they don't care.
    Cataratas do Iguaçu, Brazil => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KyiwSscdo

I used to report all the fakes I saw - but most of them weren't removed, so now I don't bother. Nor do they take action against people who list items as 'gold' which are merely plated, even though to do so is a criminal offence in the UK.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    I used to report all the fakes I saw - but most of them weren't removed, so now I don't bother. Nor do they take action against people who list items as 'gold' which are merely plated, even though to do so is a criminal offence in the UK.
    When I was working with PayPal (worst few months of my life) there was a case where a guy bought some gold jewelery. When it arrived he found out it wasn't solid gold, so he filed an 'Item not as described' complaint. Somebody in the PayPal claims department ruled in favour of the seller, using the logic that the selling price should have told the buyer that the jewelery wasn't solid gold, although the auction description didn't state it.

That should be astonishing.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

[QUOTE=Niccolo;3044378]When I was working with PayPal (worst few months of my life)

I got my first personal credit card in order to use ebay and paypal this year. first couple orders went well through paypal charged to Visa card.
    Paypal sent their card for me to confirm which I did not. In fact emphatically declined by telephone and emails. However they approved it for me anyway and next charges went to it and my Visa card disappeared from their accounting. No way will they cancel their card or let me use mine although their info says I can. I give up. I will go back to using daughter's paypal. Would like to know how to cancel paypal card. I have tried using their sysytem with no response except for accounting and charges.

Quote Originally Posted by artb View Post
    I got my first personal credit card in order to use ebay and paypal this year. first couple orders went well through paypal charged to Visa card.
    Paypal sent their card for me to confirm which I did not. In fact emphatically declined by telephone and emails. However they approved it for me anyway and next charges went to it and my Visa card disappeared from their accounting. No way will they cancel their card or let me use mine although their info says I can. I give up. I will go back to using daughter's paypal. Would like to know how to cancel paypal card. I have tried using their sysytem with no response except for accounting and charges.
    Not sure of your question here. What did they want you to confirm, the credit card (charging 1 dollar which is refundable once you make your first payment) or do they want you to confirm your identity (automated phone call etc)? And what do you want to cancel, the paypal account, the card, or you want to remove the card from the paypal system? I haven't worked with paypal for around 3.5 years, and I know they're constantly changing their terms and conditions and rules...

Appreciate your questions. Paypal at first used my VISA card for charges.
    Then sent me their card which I refused to confirm. They used it anyway
    although I did not confirm it and by telephone and email refused. I have paid it off but they keep it in my account instead of the VISA I prefer, and will not respond to my many requests to cancel. Really frustrating lack of communication response about this unwanted card they will not terminate.
    Other than my business card I want only one personal card, the Visa that I got only for ebay use, but they are forcing use of their card. I really should not bother you with the lousy Paypal communications. Thought there might
    be an obvious contact of the many listed that have not worked for me to merely cancel an unwanted and unconfirmed extra card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information