Ebay junk lot Tissot Bumper
Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By FreddyNorton
  • 3 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By v8chrono
  • 2 Post By mkws

Thread: Ebay junk lot Tissot Bumper

Ebay junk lot Tissot Bumper

I spend way too much time on my days off looking at junk lot auctions on Ebay. Well last week I got this watch in the mail from a junk lot. It was missing stem/crown but through this forum I found out which stem to use. The crown is from my spare crown pile and looks ok you think? The movement was filthy and had some strange glue residue (all of it would not come off 100% but I dont want to scratch the movement trying so I let it stay) in it (watch ran perfect though) as well as it looked as if at one time the rotor was rubbing the case back and had marks in case back and on rotor that polished out pretty well. I would like to know information on this watch. It is now my absolute favorite watch I own and will get ridiculous wrist time once I get a nice strap for it. Can anyone recommend a strap to go with this? (18mm Lugs) the watch is 33.70mm wide not counting the crown. ALSO this movement have any relation to the Omega bumper movements? Kind of looks similar to me but I dont know. Also the year/era it is from. ALSO is this a redial? The condition is almost too clean on the dial.

Last pictures are the condition of when I got it. Now it has been cleaned oiled and is working great so far +/- 8 seconds a day.

Sorry for being so demanding of information I just really like this watch!

busmatt, laikrodukas, mkws and 6 others like this.

Re: Ebay junk lot Tissot Bumper

Well, the Ranfft archive notes that the base calibre of the family, the cal. 28, is "to wide extent equivalent to Omega 28.10RA." So yes, technically these movements are in a way related to Omega bumpers.

The serial number dates your watch to 1953.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

A pretty watch to find in a job (junk) lot, the dog leg lugs make it for me and positively scream the 1950s, these Tissot I feel are under valued at the moment so one to tuck away for a while. In the meantime a service and new brown croc, gator or lizard strap will make it wearable when you desire.
    FreddyNorton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh, and another thing- does not look like a redial to me. The "automatic" font looks correct, the minute track doesn't have alignment issues.
    busmatt and FreddyNorton like this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information