ebay vintage watches once again

Thread: ebay vintage watches once again

ebay vintage watches once again

I have googled for ebay seller wandolec and found pretty harsh comments here.

Could u advise me of whether he is 100% devil.
    A couple of examples
    Jaeger Lecoultre 1930s (1500$ bid at the moment):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Longines 1905s (sold for 1000$)

So, bids are pretty high and the watches look like authentic ones (although it is explained that they were given a new dial).

Photos are really good. Mechanics looks superb and got manufacturer engravement.

So shall i expect these ones are in fact 'bitsa', fakes etc.? What could u say about mechs?

If you had bad experience, why don't u leave negative feedback for such sellers? I was really blinded by numerous positive feedbacks for wandolec & great photo quality before i googled about him.

In fact I leave near Ukraine and sometimes visit Kiev, so I could ask him for a meeting to look at his watches (now, after reading comments, i doubt he will agree. i also sent him a question while ago and answer was a bit suspicios - not very related to question itself).

So once again, could u explain all about it, step by step.

Thanks

Re: ebay vintage watches once again

In contrast what do u think about vintagetraderonline (country - USA).
    E.g.:

Hi.

I have no knowledge of wandolec. But I have looked at the first link. He clearly states (if you read carefully) that:

it is a pocket watch movement "This watch was converted from pocket watch"

the case is completely new "The case, new custom made, fantastic, build specially "

the dial is completely new "The new dial has been professionally updated, and now is in excellent condition. "

the engravings are new: "movement in an excellent status ...... and has been in addition updated and engraved by the craftsman."

So it seems an honest enough listing to me - although I don't have the knowledge to attest to the genuineness of the movement. But its NOT anything like the original watch nor like anything JLC produced (AFAIK). So I don't know why anybody would want to spend a lot of money to buy it.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Marrick, You are right - neither is an authentic vintage watch. But that doesn't neccessarily make them less desirable. At least on the pictures they seem to be pieces of good craftmanship. The rest is a matter of taste. I wouldn't go for them either.

meeshootkin: One of the real problems of these converted pocket watch movement watches is their size. The diameter without crown is 52 mm. That looks strange on practically any wrist I can think of (unless You look like Nikolai Walujew). In addition, the watch is NOT a Jaeger Lecoultre. It is completely custom made, using an old JLC movement, but after the skeletonization, not much of it is left anyways. You must be aware of the fact, that it will be hard to sell such a watch again. And the movement itself doesn't make the watch valuable. Pocket Watches (even JLC) sell at a low price, unless they are equipped with complications.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshootkin View Post
    I have googled for ebay seller wandolec and found pretty harsh comments here.

Could u advise me of whether he is 100% devil.
    A couple of examples
    Jaeger Lecoultre 1930s (1500$ bid at the moment):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140407907798&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Longines 1905s (sold for 1000$)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140405861397&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So, bids are pretty high and the watches look like authentic ones (although it is explained that they were given a new dial).

Photos are really good. Mechanics looks superb and got manufacturer engravement.

So shall i expect these ones are in fact 'bitsa', fakes etc.? What could u say about mechs?

If you had bad experience, why don't u leave negative feedback for such sellers? I was really blinded by numerous positive feedbacks for wandolec & great photo quality before i googled about him.

In fact I leave near Ukraine and sometimes visit Kiev, so I could ask him for a meeting to look at his watches (now, after reading comments, i doubt he will agree. i also sent him a question while ago and answer was a bit suspicios - not very related to question itself).

So once again, could u explain all about it, step by step.

Thanks
    Before bidding on a watch I always read the description and view the pictures thouroughly and ask the seller detailed questions about the watch.

The descriptions of his watches appear to be detailed and contain a lot of information and the seller has in my opinion dosclosed the condition. Have you emailed the seller? You may not like the watches he is selling, but that is no cause for complaint as long as he is honest. You should take the time to read all of the information in auctions and ask the seller about the watches before posting leading questions like "...whether he is 100% devil".

As O.V.E states above, the sizes of Wandolec's watches are generally HUGE. I have been tempted many
    times to bid on his watches just because of their beauty. But when I consider the case size, they would
    look like wall clocks laid in my wrist!
    Regards from Sunny San Diego..........Tom

Thread Information