Ebel S/S Automatic ... help

Thread: Ebel S/S Automatic ... help

Ebel S/S Automatic ... help

Please can anyone help with info about this watch as I can find none.Its a lovely watch with an original guarantee for 1952 and in cracking condition. The #9123906.......993 is engraved on the outside of the case. Am not sure if pics are attached as having tremendous difficulty. For extra info the watch is a mans S/S auto watch with gold hands and outer marked seconds, on the dial is Ebel automatic. Please any info greatly appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ebel S/S Automatic ... help

Very nice watch. It's an Ebel bumper auto. It probably houses an A.Schild or ETA movt, there will be a stamp under the balance wheel that identifies the maker. I don't think Ebel made a bumper themselves. The rotor bounces back and forth between the shock absorbing springs and this winds the watch through motion of the wearer's wrist/arm. It really appears to be in excellent condition, but I would get it serviced if you want to start wearing it. A competent watchmaker can also tell you if it has been serviced recently, but it is important to know.
    Congrats on a beautiful piece.

Hi there,

marking "bumper" and "sweep second" on this page
    bidfun, Extended Search, Archive: Movements
    gives a list, where already the seventh hit is the right movement.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to say thank you for your info. I had the watch lightly cleaned by my local jeweller. I had tried very very carefully to remove the case but was unsuccessful even with the correct tools.That is why the movement pics are a bit blurred as I took them in the shop whilst feeling very embarrassed!. I may ask the jeweller to remove the balance wheel for curiosity sake so that I could see the 'stamp'. This watch came with a Tudor and Smiths in auction and it actually wasn't even catalogued as the auctioneer must have been unaware. I bought the three for £70 and I was very pleased as I was just after the Tudor,which is my main interest. Many thanks Marisa

The maker's stamp is visible even with the balance in place. They can be seen through the spokes of the wheel, or to one side of the balance, it varies.

Nice Ebel watch there.....you don't see many of those around, and sounds like you did very well getting all of those watches for £70

Thread Information