Eberhard or Eberhard or ''Eberhard'' ?
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Eberhard or Eberhard or ''Eberhard'' ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ok - so if the hard core vintage 'guys' are tired of me focusing on Eberhard - i'm happy to become 'quiet' for a while !

But as I understand it we are forever assessing watches that come on the market and of course I have carved out my Eberhard niche - separating the 'wheat from the chaff ' is what we do as vintage buyers right ??!!

I present 3 black dial vintage Eberhard chronographs currently on the market - one I'm considering - 2 more I have seen in the last few days and today.

And an original black dial vintage chronograph is the 'UNICORN' of vintage watches right ?

I present for your review - 3 supposed Eberhards from the 40s which is when the double stepped bezel first appeared on Eberhard chronographs pre-Extra Fort.

All are 18ct solid gold - one seems suspicious for a few reasons - (1) 3 register ?? When has anyone seen a 3 register Eberhard ? Plus the inside case hallmarks are generic - not usual as Eberhard definitely signs their inside cases and they add serial numbers.

The two other watches look more legitimate / as always caveat emptor - but I am considering one of the non 3-register watches - cheers to all !! SDA

(1) door number 1:

(2) Door number 2:

(3) Door number 3:

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; February 5th, 2016 at 15:35.
    bobbee, busmatt and mmarc77 like this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: Eberhard or Eberhard or ''Eberhard'' ?

For absolutely no good reason whatsoever I would choose door number two.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    For absolutely no good reason whatsoever I would choose door number two.
    C - FYI door number 2 is 51% more than door number 3 ! Cheers ! SDA

'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, I know nothing about Eberhards… aside from the fact that I'd love to have one (or two). I can't help but feel that number #1 isn't quite right. The case seems wrong to me - no Eberhard signature, and it all looks very generic. And a triple register? Hmmm.

I can't really chose between #2 or #3. You are driving me to C24 to take a better look. Devil man.
    Sdasurrey, busmatt and bobbee like this.

I did notice the prices and did my best to not let them influence my (uneducated) opinion. From a financial standpoint these are choices I'll not have to make anytime in the near future. lol
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Number 1 just doesn't seem right. Number 2 is amazing!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
    Sdasurrey and bobbee like this.

Hi Sdasurrey,

Asking if anyone has seen a 3 register Eberhard? Seems they produced three! Below is a beautiful Split Seconds Chronograph.

Looks like they also made a Triple register with Calendar and a Chronograph extra fort model.

Btw I found the split seconds on line at Christie's...

Eberhard. An extremely fine and unusual oversized stainless steel split seconds chronograph wristwatch with pink dial | SIGNED EBERHARD & CO., LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS, MOVEMENT NO. 15'962, CASE NO. 26'013, CIRCA 1940 | 1950s, chronograph | Christie's

Your interest in Eberhard's has made me aware of this great brand but unfortunately it would be too hard on the bank balance to pursue.

Regards,

Be careful with Unicorns, Eleanor was a unicorn

And we all know how she ended up (and for those who don't, watch this cool film) http://youtu.be/QMhXlrcHaOg

Matt

Oh and number 2

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Yes, I'm afraid that Sdasurrey is pricing his market ever upward. Good thing we're all impoverished or else he's be down an "Ebbie" or so.

Why, it seems like only yesterday that Busmatt was saying how lucky he felt that Sda hasn't yet discovered the pleasures of vintage Timex. Low cost is just one of their advantages…
    Last edited by Habitant; February 5th, 2016 at 21:30.
    Sdasurrey, James A and busmatt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Habitant View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid that Sdasurrey is pricing his market ever upward. Good thing we're all impoverished or else he's be down an "Ebbie" or so.

Why, it seems like only yesterday that Busmatt was saying how lucky he felt that Sda hasn't yet discovered the pleasures of vintage Timex. Low cost is just one of their advantages…
    Thanks Habitant ! I'm on a 'streak' ! But everyone is voting 'Against me' - so the price of door number 3 is rapidly falling !

'Thanks be to thread' !! SDA

busmatt likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information