EBERHARD v/s EBERHARD & Co.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: EBERHARD v/s EBERHARD & Co.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EBERHARD v/s EBERHARD & Co.

Hi,

I bought this watch at a flea market, then noticed it's signed Eberhard and not Eberhard & Co.
    I sent an email to Eberhard & Co. and they informed me:

" ...the watch is not an original Eberhard & Co...the logo does not match any of the logos of the company.Years ago, there was a watch shop called "Eberhard Milan", which had nothing to do with Eberhard & Co. except the partial homonym, therefore it might be possible the watch in question comes from a production of that shop. But we don't know for sure."

I was not able find any info on Eberhard Milan on Google. Questions: does someone has information on EBERHARD watches and what might be the estimated value of my watch? Good condition, it runs, all functions working.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Jonathan Azie; June 5th, 2015 at 19:09.

Re: EBERHARD v/s EBERHARD & Co.

It sorta has the look of a EB pin lever movement from the 60's/70's.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Well, if Eberhard & Co have confirmed it's not by them, then it's is worth about as much as any other relatively no-name chronograph from that era (1940s?) with that movement (Venus 170? Valjoux 77?). Never mind how well it works.

Mikrolisk unfortunately doesn't list anything on Eberhard other than anythig associated with Eberhard & Co. so it seems we are at a dead end. The info given to you by E & Co. seems to be as far as we will get. A movement picture might help further but on a no name watch, it often doesn't.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your replies...I added picture of the movement.

Ah, nice...much better movement that I had feared. It's in kinda rough shape though, and is missing a case screw. The case looks to be gold plate or rolled gold. No notable markings on the movement, so it wasn't imported into the US or Britain. I can only guess that Eberhard was a local trade name or retailer. You can check Ebay for relative values of other similar chronographs.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Well, if Eberhard & Co have confirmed it's not by them, then it's is worth about as much as any other relatively no-name chronograph from that era (1940s?) with that movement (Venus 170? Valjoux 77?). Never mind how well it works.

Mikrolisk unfortunately doesn't list anything on Eberhard other than anythig associated with Eberhard & Co. so it seems we are at a dead end. The info given to you by E & Co. seems to be as far as we will get. A movement picture might help further but on a no name watch, it often doesn't.

Hartmut Richter
    Hi Hartmut,

Looks like a Valjoux 92.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Nope. The Valjoux 92 is the rotated version of your movement (totalizers horizontal, the way most chronographs have them). Yours is the Valjoux 77 which has the up-down totalizer arrangement:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Valjoux 77

Hartmut Richter

Okeydokey

Chrono bridge looks like the valjoux 92

Thank you BartH and Hartmut for bringing the movement conversation up. I would otherwise have no idea what movement it is.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Azie View Post
    Hi,

I bought this watch at a flea market, then noticed it's signed Eberhard and not Eberhard & Co.
    I sent an email to Eberhard & Co. and they informed me:

" ...the watch is not an original Eberhard & Co...the logo does not match any of the logos of the company.Years ago, there was a watch shop called "Eberhard Milan", which had nothing to do with Eberhard & Co. except the partial homonym, therefore it might be possible the watch in question comes from a production of that shop. But we don't know for sure."

I was not able find any info on Eberhard Milan on Google. Questions: does someone has information on EBERHARD watches and what might be the estimated value of my watch? Good condition, it runs, all functions working.

Thanks
    Hi - as documented by Eberhard & Co it's clearly not real - the only comment I can add is the real Eberhard has a very strong Italian connection, so it's probably a knock-off from there. The sons of the original Eberhard founder started hanging out in Italy on holiday in the 1930s, fell in love, sold watches to the Italian Navy in WW2, the Italian Monti family purchased Eberhard in 1969 and about 50% of Eberhard's roughly 15k annual production is sold in Italy where they have their largest AD network..... SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    busmatt and Emre like this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information