Elgin DeLuxe calibre 624

Thread: Elgin DeLuxe calibre 624

Elgin DeLuxe calibre 624

Picked up this little jewel from ebay earlier this month. Recieved it in non working fasion, coverd in green and brown wabi, but spent about an hour tonight, did a little cleaning and got her to tick. So far, she's keeping good time. I didn't have a decent leather strap around, so I robbed one from a Lorus 'Goofy' disney watch I had in my junk pile...hehehe ;) It'll do for now. The crown is a bit dodgy, so it will need to be serviced soon, but for 30 bucks, I think I did alright ;) What do you think? Almost forgot to mention, this movement is 17 jewels, adjusted to four positions.

Re: Elgin DeLuxe calibre 624

Good cleanup. It is amazing how good you feel after looking at such improvement when you did it yourself.

Make sure you get it serviced if you are going to wind it.

I am surprised the Goofy strap did not cause the watch to start running backwards! LOL (Lorus Goofy watches run backwards...)
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Nice watch----good deal too!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys for your kind words :) Watch is still running and keeping good time, but I am going to look into getting it serviced at the local watch shop. Needs a nice leather strap as well, I'm leaning towards something in brown... Boy, I'll tell you, after wearing primarily large to huge dive watches, this watch looks almost ridiculously small on my wrist! I don't know if I can pull vintage off...lol

Thread Information