Elgin? (Picture)

Thread: Elgin? (Picture)

Question Elgin? (Picture)

Hey I got this Elgin off an eBay auction.
    I've seen some Elgins on eBay before and also did some research and they're fairly old
    (founded in 1864). My question is wether these are worth anything nowadays. I know
    certain ones like the Lord Elgins are worth some, but what about the one I have?
    I'm asking because it's a bit too small for me. I really like it a lot and it went nicely with
    my tie I wore today.

What do you think it's worth? What do you think of its look?

Name:  DSCF5348.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  86.9 KB
    It's 100M Water Resistant and has a Japanese Quartz movement inside.

We don't do evaluations here (don't know why) but I know that my watchmaker is selling these for $25. It's not an actual Elgin the name was bought out and that watch is made in china with a Miyota quartz movement and I'd mane 70s or 80s
    Stratocasters Rock!

Re: Elgin? (Picture)

This is why we don't do valuations: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/vin...les-67379.html

Always remember that we are dealing with second-hand items that come in a vast variety of brands, ages and conditions and which may be bought and sold in many different ways. So there is never a true fixed 'value' anyway.

A nice looking watch though - and certainly does NOT look too small to my eyes.
    Last edited by Marrick; May 21st, 2012 at 10:46.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Marrick pretty much whacked a nail with a sledgehammer here. A watch (or anything, really) is worth what someone will pay for it.

Just because something is old or rare or from a famous maker doesn't make it valuable. It can be old, rare AND from a famous maker, and it can still be worthless.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

It's not worth much, but I love the color of that dial..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    This is why we don't do valuations: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/vin...les-67379.html

Always remember that we are dealing with second-hand items that come in a vast variety of brands, ages and conditions and which may be bought and sold in many different ways. So there is never a true fixed 'value' anyway.

A nice looking watch though - and certainly does NOT look too small to my eyes.
    I meant that the band is too small for my wrists. It's really tight and uncomfortable. I love it though.

Quote Originally Posted by dualtime View Post
    It's not worth much, but I love the color of that dial..
    I wasn't expecting anything more than $30. I was just wondering so that I can maybe get my money back. :P