Elgin private label 18s KW

Thread: Elgin private label 18s KW

Picture Elgin private label 18s KW

Here is what I guess would be a private label Elgin were you order the watch through your jeweler and have your name and town put on it you can see the person's name on it Chas A Boas of Harrisburg PA check out the hart shaped regulator never seen that before,serial no 303615,11 jewel,18s made around 1874 in a 3oz silver case I got a deal on this I had this case I got for this tremont four digit serial no perfect movement and dial the case had a few dent's so I was going to recase it some one talk me in to keeping it all together so I was stuck with this case at a NAWCC mart I found this movement for $60.00 it fit perfic in that case what a deal you see I have a lot of keywinds that was what I collected a lot of when I stated collecting watches the history behind them the wild wild west the civil war .If any one can give me some more info on this movement that would be great.

Re: Elgin private label 18s KW

Actually I've seen several of these private labels where the name on the movement was actually the jeweler's. I have a Hampden like that.

JACOB DICK BOAS [Jacob, William, Frederick] b. October 5, 1806, in Harrisburg, Pa.; d. there March 28, 1887. After his father's death, went to live with his uncle, Jacob Levan, at Kutztown, where he remained until his fifteenth year, when he went to learn the trade of hatter. He subsequently worked as a journeyman until 1831, when he established himself in business at Allentown, Pa. A year or two after, he was chosen a member of the borough council, and, in 1840, elected treasurer of the county of Lehigh. he prepresented the district in the State Senate during the years 1847, 1848, and 1849. In 1850, he removed to Harrisburg, where he established himself in the jewelry business, in which he was succeeded by his son. With Mr. Forster he was afterwards engaged in the forwarding business until his election as sheriff of Dauphin county in 1860, In 1868, he was appointed United States guager int he Internal Revenue Department of the Government, resigning upon being elected Mayor of the city of Harrisburg, in 1873, which office he held one term. Mr. Boas married in 1831, Elizabeth Seller, b. April 12, 1807; d. August 26, 1850, in Harrisburg, Pa.; daughter of Christian Seller.
    They had issue:
    1. Sarah Elizabeth Boas, married Jacob Horter Smith of Philadelphia
    Children are:
    1. Bessie Smith
    2. Sallie Smith
    3. Edith Smith

2. Charles Augustus Boas, b. 1835 d. 1886 married Mary A. Reel
    Children are:
    1. Charles Ross Boas
    2. Sarah Reel Boas
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; October 29th, 2008 at 21:10.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: Elgin private label 18s KW

Thanks Ray for the info I am learning here I saw another on ebay differnt name on the movement so that how I thought the owner's name mite be what it was.

Thread Information