Elgin - Trench Watches of the Great War - WRUW - Page 5
Like Tree865Likes

Thread: Elgin - Trench Watches of the Great War - WRUW

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    28A

Re: Elgin - Trench Watches of the Great War - WRUW

Well this threads gone in a completely different direction.. maybe when i get my Borgel back i'll start a "Trench Watch WRUW".

Until then, Scott i see you collect Eberhards.. would you mind keeping an eye out for those Eberhard trench watches with the fully hermetic cases? As in the case within a case, crown and all. I want one.

Thankyouuuuu.
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    Nick.

Divers - June 1977 Seiko 6309-7040 Quartz Hybrid | March 1978 Seiko 7548-700H (Orange Dial) in a 6309-7040 case | February 1972 Seiko 6105-8110 | Seiko 7548 "Tuna" TST | October 1985 Seiko H558-5000 "Arnie" | Scurfa Stainless Steel.

Chronographs - July 1972 Seiko 6139-6005 (True Pogue).

Quote Originally Posted by 28A View Post
    Well this threads gone in a completely different direction.. maybe when i get my Borgel back i'll start a "Trench Watch WRUW".

Until then, Scott i see you collect Eberhards.. would you mind keeping an eye out for those Eberhard trench watches with the fully hermetic cases? As in the case within a case, crown and all. I want one.

Thankyouuuuu.
    Yes 28a that's fine, but I actually don't see very many of them, but will pay more attention to their trenches! Scott

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

28A

Thanks mate, appreciate it! There was one on ebay a couple of weeks back but it had swivel lugs.. not a problem except one of the lugs was missing so i figured that might of been expensive to fix. And it was about $200ish more than i wanted to spend for a first watch.

Now i'd like to find one.
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    Nick.

Divers - June 1977 Seiko 6309-7040 Quartz Hybrid | March 1978 Seiko 7548-700H (Orange Dial) in a 6309-7040 case | February 1972 Seiko 6105-8110 | Seiko 7548 "Tuna" TST | October 1985 Seiko H558-5000 "Arnie" | Scurfa Stainless Steel.

Chronographs - July 1972 Seiko 6139-6005 (True Pogue).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    Sorry to say Scott, I think you bought a Franken.
    I looked much more closely to-day.
    Note all the big bidders pulled out at 500$, you were bidding against a novice.
    Adam - already asked for an immediate reversal, even pointing the seller toward this discussion, don't forget also, I'm still a 'novice' as well !! Best Scott

28A likes this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post
    If so I'll just reverse it - what are you looking at today that tells you that ? I assume you mean it's re cased implying the case signature is faked ? I did see the other bidder had 7 purchases - he accepts returns plus the EB guarantee - so getting him to reverse it now wastes a lot less of his time - anyway I just need the implied proof so your thoughts last night and today are quite helpful - and you were right most likely about 'unique' and I wasn't ! Thanks ! Just let me know your thoughts on why and I will tell him a renowned Horologist is questioning the watch !! Thanks ! Scott

First, please drop the "renowned" - Thanks.
    OK
    Let me add what I think
    Dial is reworked.
    Movement and case do not match.
    Case is definitely NOT Eberhard
    I do not think crown matches case
    The bridge marked EBERHARD, may be original EBERHARD piece, but I don't think it was original to that movement - just my feeling.

Sorry, if I had bought it, and I buy badly at times too, i would always suspect it was Franken.

Sorry
    adam
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Thanks - renowned was for him not for you - we have discussed this issue in the past, so I dropped saying expert, thanks, Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post
    Thanks - renowned was for him not for you - we have discussed this issue in the past, so I dropped saying expert, thanks, Scott

Scott
    I am not an expert nor I am renowned.
    I am just a simple guy that has a passion for Horology.

No more or no less.

Sincerely
    adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Elgin - Trench Watches of the Great War - WRUW

That's fine Adam - already heard from the seller, he's happy to cancel the transaction immediately ! 'No problems' he said ! In fact it's already reversed, hard to believe it was that straight forward, not true for most sellers -Cheers, Scott

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRENCH WATCH THREAD.....SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED....

Last edited by Sdasurrey; February 16th, 2015 at 12:45.
    busmatt likes this.

Just a little pick me up for ya,Scott..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.
    tempore pulcher

Elgin - Trench Watches of the Great War - WRUW

Quote Originally Posted by derids View Post
    Just a little pick me up for ya,Scott..
    Great thanks ! A Real Eberhard Watch ...! Cheers ! Scott

Last edited by Sdasurrey; February 16th, 2015 at 13:52.
    derids and busmatt like this.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information