Elite watches?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Elite watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Elite watches?

Hya all

Once again I stumbled uppon a weird watch. Of course I couldn't resist and bought it. It's a very small (see comparison with my GP and Mrs DJ), and it is automatic (I didn't knew they made so small movements) doesn't have anything on the back.
    Anyone knows anything about this brand?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by isstefan View Post
    Hya all

Once again I stumbled uppon a weird watch. Of course I couldn't resist and bought it. It's a very small (see comparison with my GP and Mrs DJ), and it is automatic (I didn't knew they made so small movements) doesn't have anything on the back.

This post made me smile.

On the off chance you did not know, that is a women's fassion watch. Circa late 80's it looks like. Just a fassion brand that probably doesn't exsist anymore. no pedigree.

The style with the thin band comes out of the 1920's cocktail watches women wore
    Attached Images Attached Images

Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Elite watches?

My guess: Ladies watch of the 1940s/1950s. The Incabloc shock protection was produced from 1933 on. So it was kind of a quality seal to print Incabloc on the dials those days. „Elite“ was a often used name those times, see Mikrolisk. Could be Swiss, could be German (Pforzheim), could be a New Yorker wholesaler.

Moved this thread to the more suitable forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SethThomas View Post
    Hya all

This post made me smile.

On the off chance you did not know, that is a women's fassion watch. Circa late 80's it looks like. Just a fassion brand that probably doesn't exsist anymore. no pedigree.

The style with the thin band comes out of the 1920's cocktail watches women wore
    I know its a ladies watch..
    It doesn't look to me it is from the 80s and certainly not a fashion watch because of the mechanical movement.
    The guy at the shop claimed that it is more than 50 yo.
    I will head to my watchmaker to open it and see if he has any more info on the movement

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    My guess: Ladies watch of the 1940s/1950s. The Incabloc shock protection was produced from 1933 on. So it was kind of a quality seal to print Incabloc on the dials those days. „Elite“ was a often used name those times, see Mikrolisk. Could be Swiss, could be German (Pforzheim), could be a New Yorker wholesaler.

Moved this thread to the more suitable forum.
    Thanks for your input.. As always you helped me to look at the right direction.

Are you quite sure it's automatic? That watch appears to be less than 10mm in diameter and I have never heard of an automatic nearly that small. If so, I'd certainly like to see the movement, but I suspect that it is a manual-winding mechanical movement.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

I had a watch by that brand and it was indeed hand winding. I never figured out how old it was, but based on the age of the rest of the watches that were in the lot I bought at auction, I always figured it was from the 50's.

Looking a the overall style of the watch, including the bark embossed bracelet, my guess would be that its from the 1970s? The movement will tell us more....

I agree a 70's80's ladies hand wind watch that would have been one of the many names that came and went. Most likely a sub name of another company. It will not be automatic as was mentioned before. Another reason for this thinking without seeing the movement is that they mention the shock protection which would have more or less been common at this time but an auto that small.....that would have been mentioned on the dial.

This would have been one of the watches churned out during the "Quartz Crisis" when mechanical movement makers were fighting to survive.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

Quote Originally Posted by SethThomas View Post
    Hya all

This post made me smile.

I know its a ladies watch..
    It doesn't look to me it is from the 80s and certainly not a fashion watch because of the mechanical movement.
    The guy at the shop claimed that it is more than 50 yo.
    I will head to my watchmaker to open it and see if he has any more info on the movement
    It's the bark link integrated band that give it away as post 1960's. I could be wrong, but that didn't become popular till mid 70's

Fassion watches of the 70's and 80's would have mechanical as well as quartz movements. Just like today. Also the quartz crisis lead to large supplies of mechanical movements for dirt cheap as shops closed doors and had to unload inventory.
    thoth likes this.
    Core Collection:
    BlancpaiN Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe ceramic, H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information