Eloga 17 Jewels Moonphase

Thread: Eloga 17 Jewels Moonphase

Eloga 17 Jewels Moonphase

So my grandfather passed away about 15 years ago--my grandmother (his wife) passed away about 5 years ago. My grandfather was obsessed with fixing watches, and after we went in and cleaned out their house we discovered a huge collection of old watches and parts. Many of them just pieces and parts of watches, some running, others not. I've long thought it would be really neat to go through and pick one out, have it fixed up and put it to good use. I've picked out a few so far that I'm able to find info about. Of course, the one that I am the most interested in, I can't seem to find anything about it. So, here I am. The face of it says "ELOGA 17 JEWELS INCABLOC ANTIMAGNETIC" and the back simply says "STAINLESS STEEL BACK". I just think the face of this watch is really cool, it's got the moonphase face on the bottom, day and month at the top and the dates all the way around the dial. Does anyone have any familiarity with a watch like this and/or know how feasible it would be to get it in good condition. Truth be told, I'm not 100% sure it's a men's watch (I'd say I'm about 90% but wouldn't be surprised to hear differently). But, I'm a pretty small guy so it is a pretty decent size for me. There's also a couple Automatic Omegas (1 seamaster calendar) 4 or 5 Bulova/Accutrons and then some other hodge podge types.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Eloga 17 Jewels Moonphase

It sounds like your grandfather has left a real treasure trove! Your Eloga was made by Fabrique d'Horlogerie Eloga SA of Lengnau Switzerland. I'm certain it's a man's watch, and a date pointer with moonphase, day, and, although I can't see from the photo, month would be highly prized if working. Are you able to remove the back to take a photo of the movement so that someone here can provide you with more info?
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Name:  eloga back.png
Views: 1549
Size:  287.5 KB
    This is the back, it may be hard to read. It says "unadjusted" at the top, AF/RS as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Excellent watch! This looks to be a variant of the Universal 291. Well worth preservation.

Welcome to the WUS Vintage and Pocket Watch Forum... we (WUS) are now pulling in more traffic than any other watch forum... Indeed, we are pulling in about as much traffic as the next 20 sites combined!

Post up some more of your treasure trove!!
    Last edited by Eeeb; April 7th, 2012 at 02:21.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Here it is

http://www.elogaswiss.com/skin/frontend/default/a023/images/about-pictures/4.jpg

found on the Homepage of Eloga

About us / Eloga In Pictures

Eloga was a part of Fortis in the 19040's or 50's and had same models, eg. this Moonphase, Fortis Calendar oder Chronographs with Venus Cal. 175.

Greets Felix
    Last edited by EDNX; April 7th, 2012 at 14:07.
    SMS Viribus Unitis

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Excellent watch! This looks to be a variant of the Universal 291. Well worth preservation.

Welcome to the WUS Vintage and Pocket Watch Forum... we (WUS) are now pulling in more traffic than any other watch forum... Indeed, we are pulling in about as much traffic as the next 20 sites combined!

Post up some more of your treasure trove!!
    Wow, that is impressive! The vintage forum is also refreshingly free of the endless "help me decide...." patter
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

Apologies for reviving and old thread.

I was given a watch similar to the one trav0323 has. This one does not have the moonphase function. It came with a leather strap, pretty sure it is not original, as it is by Kreisler.

The watch sat dormant for years, after a few winds it seems to be keeping really good time (for the last 12 hours). I was unable to find information on this on the web and on Eloga's site. Any additional information this would be greatly appreciated.

Case diameter: 33.5mm

Dial markings: ELOGA, 17 JEWELS, INCABLOC

Name:  eloga-front.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  479.4 KB

Back markings: STAINLESS STEELBACK, SWISS, INCABLOC, 193 (would this be the model number or serial number?)

Name:  eloga-back.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  442.0 KB

Thanks!
    Last edited by awildermode; August 7th, 2015 at 04:47.

Thread Information