Enicar Memostar with lemania 2980 calibre

Thread: Enicar Memostar with lemania 2980 calibre

Enicar Memostar with lemania 2980 calibre

HI
    Can anyone tell me how the alarm time can be reset on the lemania?.
    I have just acquired this 35 year old model and can set the time, push the date, and wind up the alarm and have checked the alarm works.
    However I have not managed to adjust the alarm set time yet.
    Is there a magic trick or have I got a duffer and will have to get out of bed early

Re: Enicar Memostar with lemania 2980 calibre

You may try pulling out the "alarm On/Off/Setting crown", its usually at the 2 o'clock position, and then turning it to set.
    This is how most alarms are set, as is my experience.
    I hope this helps.

Peace,
    Scott
    Last edited by Bujumon; August 29th, 2008 at 00:20.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I don't own one - but I do own M.P. Horlbeck's book specializing in them! Apparently, pull out the knob at 2:00 once (Position 1) to activate the alarm (crown then swings free) and out full (Position 2) to allow the crown (pushed in fully - Position 0) to set the alarm time. The small pusher is to set the date, the normal time indication can be set via the crown as in any other movement.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I don't own one - but I do own M.P. Horlbeck's book specializing in them!
    How I wish I could afford a copy of that book. I saw it in a shop near here recently, but price was more than the combined servicing costs of a fusee PW, 2 automatics, a hand-winding Sea-Gull and a cheap jump-hour.

RUDDY HELL!!! What does it cost in your part of the world?! I got my copy way back when the book came out for 50 Euros. Either you can get watches serviced at practically no cash or the book must be worth a small fortune in your part of the world.

Is it available in English yet? Some time ago, I had the chance to speak with the author and he said that unless the demand for an English copy would be great enough, the publishers wouldn't be interested in having it translated.....

Hartmut Richter

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    RUDDY HELL!!! What does it cost in your part of the world?! I got my copy way back when the book came out for 50 Euros. Either you can get watches serviced at practically no cash or the book must be worth a small fortune in your part of the world.

Is it available in English yet? Some time ago, I had the chance to speak with the author and he said that unless the demand for an English copy would be great enough, the publishers wouldn't be interested in having it translated.....

Hartmut Richter
    Ah, that might explain the expense, if the English edition is only a limited run. And in this far flung corner of the world, books (especially big, heavy special-interest books) are very, very expensive.

... and I know a watchmaker who does cash-only jobs

Lightbulb Re: Enicar Memostar with lemania 2980 calibre

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    HI
    Can anyone tell me how the alarm time can be reset on the lemania?.
    I have just acquired this 35 year old model and can set the time, push the date, and wind up the alarm and have checked the alarm works.
    However I have not managed to adjust the alarm set time yet.
    Is there a magic trick or have I got a duffer and will have to get out of bed early
    Hi,
    perhaps you could look at the Bucherer Alarm video and the text on youtube:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jOe5Hy0z4

I've placed some videos of alarm watches there with instructions in German and in English.

Many thanks for the link. The Bucherer you show also has the Lemania 2980 - the Cal. 980 was reserved for Omega and has the possibility of minute precision on the alarm, as indicated by an inner and an outer disc for the alarm feature.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information