Is this enicar original?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred.S

Thread: Is this enicar original?

Is this enicar original?

Hi everyone,
    Just got this enicar seapearl from a friend and it's in a very good condition, however, I couldn't find this model with this dial variations, which makes me think it might be a franken. Please check the pics and post any info on what it might be.
    Thanks alot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

laikrodukas likes this.

Re: Is this enicar original?

The dial looks original so does the movement. The case size looks right for the period it was made and the back says it all. If you google "enicar ultrasonic seapearl" then go to images you'll see, in the first 10 rows, a couple of almost identical examples.

Yes, lovely watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

It looks original to me. Probably from the 1950s when to the best of my knowledge, Enicar wasn't yet making their own automatic movements. As such, this is an Adolf Schild Cal. AS 1361, redesignated as an Enicar Cal. AR 1034:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Enicar 1034 (AS 1361N)

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navman View Post
    The dial looks original so does the movement. The case size looks right for the period it was made and the back says it all. If you google "enicar ultrasonic seapearl" then go to images you'll see, in the first 10 rows, a couple of almost identical examples.
    Thanks for the response, the thing is I couldn't find one matching this, it's either 17 jewels or labeled differently on the dial like comet which is 23 jewels or seapearl on the dial which is 17 jewels or manual wind, I couldn't find one even remotely similar with a dial just saying incabloc 21 jewels automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    It looks original to me. Probably from the 1950s when to the best of my knowledge, Enicar wasn't yet making their own automatic movements. As such, this is an Adolf Schild Cal. AS 1361, redesignated as an Enicar Cal. AR 1034:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Enicar 1034 (AS 1361N)

Hartmut Richter
    Thanks hartmut,
    I believe I read that the 6-58 engraved inside the case stands for the month and year of production, June 1958.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred.S View Post
    Thanks for the response, the thing is I couldn't find one matching this, it's either 17 jewels or labeled differently on the dial like comet which is 23 jewels or seapearl on the dial which is 17 jewels or manual wind, I couldn't find one even remotely similar with a dial just saying incabloc 21 jewels automatic.
    Ok, so the dial might be a bit scarce. That does not make the watch franken or particularly valuable or sought after as the case and the movement were probably made in their thousands. All it means that is a nice looking vintage watch.
    Last edited by Old Navman; 3 Days Ago at 13:14.

Thread Information