Enicar Seapearl

Thread: Enicar Seapearl

Enicar Seapearl

This was my grandfathers " do it all watch" that I was given after his death. I´ve had it for 12 years. I don´t know how old it is but prob from the 60s,- Anyone? Enicar made their own movement back in those times.
    I´ve just got it back from the local wm after service and it is still doing +2-3sec/ day. It was pressuretested to 3 atm. Not one of the big names, but a manufacture movement that have performed flawless over the years, the orginal mother of pearl dial with applied gold indices, numbers and hands in very good condition and so is the ss case.

Re: Enicar Seapearl

Wow, that's one awesome watch. Watches of that period are just great, and yours is all the better for its provenance. AAA++++

Nice Enicar.On the back cover does it have compressor wrote on it.Most compressor cases came with twin cown's but they made some single crown cases that I think your's is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Nice Enicar.On the back cover does it have compressor wrote on it.Most compressor cases came with twin cown's but they made some single crown cases that I think your's is.
    It only says: Enicar stainless steel swiss 140 39 04 waterproof incabloc

I´ve tried to find anything on the www. but never found this model. The movm is also in watches from the 50s.

That's a beautiful watch and the condition is top-notch. Count me as a big fan of Enicar as well - in fact just picked one up back from servicing just last week. Very well taken pics too - hope you keep it for a long while.

Looks like an Enicar 1140 or 1120 (not sure of the difference)... does it say under the balance wheel?
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...wk&Enicar_1140

Dr. Ranfft notes that the 1140 shown in the archive uses a ruby stud for the minute wheel on the dial side; possibly to put the jewel count at 17 (since that's a useful marketing number).

The ones in the archive are all early to mid 60's, and the use of the term "waterproof" usually indicates prior to '69.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

A classic 60's Enicar with an 1120 movement. Looks to be in fine condiditon!

We have had a number of Enicar's in the forum. The search function should give you some interesting viewing.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Excellent example, congratulations. The vintage Enicars are some of my favorites.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Congrats~Looks like your Grandfather took really good care of the watch, cheers!

In a beautiful state of preservation! And here I thought that Enicar Sherpas were their only important watches. Nice photo, BTW.

Thread Information