Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT

Thread: Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT

Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT

Just wondering if someone could upload some photo's of a genuine movement and let me know what calibre movement it should have inside? I have been looking for one of these watches but something about the movement photos make me think that lots of them have been made from bits of other watches and I dont know what the real thing looks like to compare.

Any pics would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Ausman600; November 20th, 2013 at 03:20.

Re: Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT

Hi there,

Enicar made 3 different generations of their main movement lines in hardly 8 years and additionally some geneations of the automatic assembly. And obviously they stocked parts the last-in first-out way (popular: big boxes). As almost all parts were interchangable between the generations, mixed items were more the rule than the exception. However they cared always for the same gold-plating color of the parts. So if the colors are matching the movement is either original or cobbled together - nobody will ever know. If the colors don't match I'd say it is botch, but I'm still uncertain.

These are the informations taken from well maintained watches, which were not suspicious to be cobbled together. But this must not be th whole truth.

I described some details in my archive bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements and you can look them up there.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/joy...ml#post6606601

Post no. 265 answers your question.

To reiterate, match the number found on the caseback to the movement caliber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the link.

Here is a pic of the Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT movement in question, does this look to be the goods? Case back information has been worn/polished off.

Should be cal AR-146. I think it looks okay. But honestly you are not paying for the movement. You are paying for the Sherpa name and the EPSA compressor case. For example, an AR-145 movement watch can be had for ~$50. Just today an auction for an AR-167 (Chronoswiss cal. 122) watch in good condition ended with zero bidder for $30. So overall, if you run in to problems with base movement, you can easily find a replacement.

Just make sure the case, crown, internal bezel, dial are in good condition. If you can justified the price, go for it. I for one will forever be puzzled at how the hell these things became so expensive...ah well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The C.122 is actually based on the Enicar AR 165, (date only), not the AR 167 (day-date).

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information