Enicar Sherpa Star - for my wife!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By skywatch
  • 1 Post By Eeeb

Thread: Enicar Sherpa Star - for my wife!

Enicar Sherpa Star - for my wife!

I have long believed that vintage men's watches can make great ladies' watches.

I took a risk on this one, as I bought it from eBay to surprise my wife. I wasn't sure she would like the '70s funk, but it's really quite lovely in person. Men's watch though it may have been, it perfectly suits a lady with its jewelry-like sheen. Good condition, circa 1972 with all original parts.

At 34.4mm (horizontal) it's a perfect modern size for a ladies' watch. My wife has very petite wrists, so I'll be ordering a leather strap that fits her better. She has told me that my other small vintage watches look too masculine for her, even though some are even smaller than this ... but this has something special that she seems to like!

Some photos (the movement photo is from seller - I haven't opened it.)

Name:  Enicar3.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  Enicar1.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  142.6 KB

Name:  Enicar2.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  112.1 KB

Name:  Enicar4.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  $(KGrHqFHJE!E92D-PCmdBPeMObnNh!~~60_58.JPG
Views: 722
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  Enicar7.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  115.5 KB

Name:  Enicar5.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  94.6 KB
    mike184 likes this.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Re: Enicar Sherpa Star - for my wife!

WUS now has a Ladies Forum, a first for watch forums. You and your wife should make some joint posts, including this one on the new strap (it really needs a new strap... this one is not a good match).

You are spot on - modern women are much freer in what they feel comfortable with today. But I do notice they have a great appreciation of style. And this Enicar has great style!! The case is amazing. The shape and detailing is quite pleasing.

Get your wife an account and get her posting!
    skywatch likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I have bought my wife 2 modern watches and she does not wear them and also asked her to try my vintage pieces on but still no luck, congrats on your enicar very different with date position.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi!

Nice and great design, the Sherpa Star! Looks heavy - so your wife got a muscle trainer at once.
    Best regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    WUS now has a Ladies Forum, a first for watch forums. You and your wife should make some joint posts, including this one on the new strap (it really needs a new strap... this one is not a good match).

You are spot on - modern women are much freer in what they feel comfortable with today. But I do notice they have a great appreciation of style. And this Enicar has great style!! The case is amazing. The shape and detailing is quite pleasing.

Get your wife an account and get her posting!
    Heh heh - I have been trying to get her to join, trust me! I showed her the ladies' forum a couple days ago, and she read through it, but told me she prefers lurking mode for now. I had pondered posting this there, but thought maybe it belongs here, since it's a man's watch after all, and quite specifically vintage. I may re-post there or let her do the honors once I have completed the attempt to seduce her further into this silly addiction. (Her vintage collection is growing these days, but she still thinks I've gone a bit crazy.)

Indeed, a new strap will be ordered soon - we completely agree that this is not the right strap for the watch. I'm thinking a short teju-calf from IWM, dark burgundy color ("cordovan" they call it).

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Mike - it's not as heavy as it looks, and it actually wears rather small. It does slide around a bit with the current strap though.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Thread Information