Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization name on it?
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization name on it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization name on it?

I haven't but it would be nice to.

Re: Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization name on it?

The nearest I've come is one with H and S on my grandparents surname initials, unless you count the ones that were engraved for members of my family

Matt
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Re: Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization name on it?

I've come close, but at this point "no cigar" :-0
    busmatt and Sdasurrey like this.
    A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Yeah, the CalTech guys got me this when I was the head Honcho over there...
    ...NOT!

This is on the back of my 1934 Bulova Oakley, just a coincidence.

If you ever want to read some "strange" facts about JPL and its history google "Devils gate" and some of the results will talk about one of the founders/original members who's just a little more than strange. There was a special on the History channel last year about the guy and boy was he strange!

High IQ was probably his curse.
    busmatt, bobbee and Sdasurrey like this.
    A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    boy was he strange!

I know the problem

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization nam...

This seems hard to do successfully, assuming the goal is 3 letters in a full name - but easier then winning the lottery ! A three letter exact match has a probability of 1 out of 17,576.

How about changing your name to match the watch's initials - Bobbee you can do that for your Bulova right ? What about Jonny Paul Lion ? !!!! SDA

Or how about: 'Jet Propulsion Lion' ?!!

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 22nd, 2015 at 00:45.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Re: Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization nam...

Quote Originally Posted by Sdasurrey View Post
    This seems hard to do successfully, assuming the goal is 3 letters in a full name - but easier then winning the lottery ! A three letter exact match has a probability of 1 out of 17,576.

How about changing your name to match the watch's initials - Bobbee you can do that for your Bulova right ? What about Jonny Paul Lion ? !!!! SDA

"Jackie Pallo's Leotard."

If you don't get that, tough!

Re: Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization nam...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    "Jackie Pallo's Leotard."

If you don't get that, tough!
    B - you're right, it's tough for me, but not Google !!!! A Brit Hulk Hogan I guess.

'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Ever found an old watch with your exact initials / company / organization nam...

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    If you ever want to read some "strange" facts about JPL and its history google "Devils gate" and some of the results will talk about one of the founders/original members who's just a little more than strange. There was a special on the History channel last year about the guy and boy was he strange!

@simpletreasures - thanks for this Parsons/JPL 'heads up' - considering I was conceived in White Sands New Mexico at the Missile Proving Ground as my Father was a Physicist there......looks like lots of summer reading ! SDA

@Croton - sorry to be 'thread jacking' ......S

Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 22nd, 2015 at 09:51.
    busmatt and Croton_Equator like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information