Ever glad to get the "Outbid. Raise your bid" email?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ever glad to get the "Outbid. Raise your bid" email?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever glad to get the "Outbid. Raise your bid" email?

I'm pretty new to the vintage watch game, and I'm learning all the time. Sometimes while in bed, I take a jaunt through that bidding site most of us peruse.

I can't tell you how many times I've put in a winning bid on something, then later have done some research, or recently posted to this category forum, and wish I hadn't bid on the item at all. At those times I am overjoyed to receive the email that I've been outbid which gets me off the hook. It just happened again now on some old watch that at the time looked appealing but that I hadn't properly vetted. With the help of some forum members, I was put straight.

This forum is such a great resource. Next time I'll research and ask some questions before considering a bid!

Re: Ever glad to get the "Outbid. Raise your bid" email?

the high bidder can retract a bid and push You to the top again :D
    Chaos is my focus

Inactive

I'm currently hoping I get outbid on something I bid on last night (although its pretty cheap...just not cheap enough). But, I was a little tipsy. I'm also new to this. Its SO EASY to see something and say "ooh, I want that!" I'm trying to calm down. But you're not alone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A few times....at live auctions too. The thought creeps in..."Oh shoot...It is not worth that much"....Then the next bid and they are stuck with the train wreck I almost bought.

I just bought this one on a bid last night. I had a whole 30 seconds to decided to buy it and my bit it at 1 second to the end...then I read the description LOL No mention of alarm. No real mention if it works at all.

So I hope I can fix the band. I hope it just needs a clean. I hope the alarm works. I hope it...well....is worth the $11 I paid with shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (16).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	372.7 KB 
ID:	12999671

Name:	s-l1600 (17).jpg 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	12999673

Name:	s-l1600 (18).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	325.2 KB 
ID:	12999677

Name:	s-l1600 (19).jpg 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	12999681

Name:	s-l1600 (20).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	12999685

The title....

Watch Hudson 17 Jewels Incabloc Kraisler .025 Gold Content Swiss Waterproof 2008

The description......

Broken band. Looks fixable but not by me, all thumbs. I tried to get all the marks in the photos. It winds up and does work if it’s moving ..? Has numbers engraved 356852. Might just be a scrap piece. Not sure what the .025 gold content means or where it is. The plastic cover is also broken as shown in photos
    esdy_11192 and Giotime like this.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

Mostly I don't bid until the last 5 seconds, so it all happens in a flash. But yes, even so, sometimes I'm ambivalent, and I'm a bit relieved when I don't win. Equally often I'm sorry that I didn't bid more.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Banned

LOL, yup. Been there when I can finally exhale and say phew. On the other hand it's rare and nice sometimes to be the only bidder. Then you've got the dreaded one click away Buy It Now. Really tough to turn that one around.

Under certain circumstances you can cancel your bid. As a seller, I've also had people contact me and ask to have their bid cancelled. I've done that too, but it can't happen in the last few minutes of an auction
    Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?
    - Albert Einstein

Current Rotation - Breiting Avenger II Seawolf, Omega Seamaster 2255.80 Electric Blue, Sinn 104 St Sa I W (white), Tag Foruma 1 Calibre 5, Tissot TXL tank, Luminox Series 3900 Navy Seal (yellow)

A

Quote Originally Posted by edolecki View Post
    I'm pretty new to the vintage watch game, and I'm learning all the time. Sometimes while in bed, I take a jaunt through that bidding site most of us peruse.

I can't tell you how many times I've put in a winning bid on something, then later have done some research, or recently posted to this category forum, and wish I hadn't bid on the item at all. At those times I am overjoyed to receive the email that I've been outbid which gets me off the hook. It just happened again now on some old watch that at the time looked appealing but that I hadn't properly vetted. With the help of some forum members, I was put straight.

This forum is such a great resource. Next time I'll research and ask some questions before considering a bid!

Its called Bay-polar disorder and the symptoms are:

When you place a bid you think "may be i shouldn't have bid so much". When you loose the auction especially only by one bid you think "If only I had bid a little higher".

Unfortunately theres no cure for it.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 1981Eagle View Post
    Under certain circumstances you can cancel your bid. As a seller, I've also had people contact me and ask to have their bid cancelled. I've done that too, but it can't happen in the last few minutes of an auction
    Yes, I did this once, and the seller was very gracious about it. But the sooner the better, right?

@thoth. .025 gold I believe is 1/40 gold filled which is basically rolled gold plate (rgp) I've seen them as 10k or 12k. The full bands without the Stsinless bottoms more often are 12k in my experience. I think bands like that are pretty cool.
    thoth likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information