ever seen one of these?

Thread: ever seen one of these?

ever seen one of these?

picked this up recently. NEVER seen one and have no idea what its worth.

what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: ever seen one of these?

This is the part when we see a scratchy black and white video of a women turning around. She looks up as her face fills with terror, and then she lets out a long, piercing scream. In the background, we can hear the cackling of a genius on the edge of sanity crying "It's alive!"

Okay, a bit melodramatic. What you have is the body of a Waltham model 1908 Hunting Case pocketwatch (from ~1917) with a balance from a different (and obviously nickel flashed) Waltham watch, and stuffed into an open face case with an custom dial. On the plus side, it's a usable (if odd-looking) watch, so it's better then if they'd thrown it out.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

pretty interesting to know. The person who owned these watches had 3 of them. i bought them all just out of interest. one is a 19 jewel BW raymond. another is an Illinois.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi -

First of all, welcome to the forum! Hope we can help you out...but first: please read the sticky at the top of the forum regarding valuation. As in we don't do it.

Model 1888, built between 1918 and 1919. Layout is of a model 1899 or Model 1918. This is identified as an AWW&Co on the movement, which makes it the Model 1888.

Shugart's Complete Price Guide to Watches doesn't put much value on it.

JohnF
    We don
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Hmm..your observation on the A.W.W.Co name is interesting. The serial on the barrel bridge shows up in the Waltham database as a 1908, suggesting that the barrel bridge is also not original equipment. It sounds to me like the person selling these watches is putting them together from spare parts.

Which is good on him, frankly. Too many people would just junk the parts (or worse, transform them into gaudy jewelry).
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thread Information