Evkob Watch? Anyone know anything about them?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bsshog40
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Evkob Watch? Anyone know anything about them?

Evkob Watch? Anyone know anything about them?

Anyone know anything about Evkob watches? This was my grandmothers. I can't find anything online. On the back of the watch I think it says ic. pat. 2267967 but I could be wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Evkob Watch? Anyone know anything about them?

All I could find. Evkob is down towards the bottom of the list.Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index
    bobbee likes this.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Welcome to the forum!
    I, meanwhile, found something else, which might help in dating the watch. The case was apparently designed for this particular bracelet. US patent no. 2267967, dated to 1941, was granted to Edwin Speidel (no coincidence here- Speidel was a well-known watch band/bracelet manufacturer), and concerns "extensible linkage".
    Here's an entry for this patent on Espacenet:
    Espacenet - Bibliographic data
    This means that the watch is post-1941. I'd assume that the possible range of years of production doesn't go beyond the 1940s, at least judging by the design of the watch.
    In order to identify the movement inside the watch, we'd need to see a picture of it. The inner side of the case back will also provide info about case material- the case can be solid gold, gold-plated, or gold-filled (since the Evkob trademark was registered in the US, my bet would be that it's gold-filled). If you can't open the case by yourself- either due to the lack of the right tools, or you are afraid of scratching the case, a watchmaker should open the watch for you (a good one won't charge you anything for it- if he does, find another one).
    If you intend to wear the watch, or at least get it running (if it doesn't work), you will need to get it serviced by a watchmaker, so this will be an opportunity to get clear pictures of the movement and case back. Even if the watch appears to work, don't wind it- if it was not worn for a long time, the movement oils are pretty much gone.
    bsshog40 likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Probably gold plated as there are quite a few worn spots showing in the pics.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Thread Information