Exacto help

Thread: Exacto help

Exacto help

Greetings! Begging your help again with thoughts on another Saigon street stall watch, this time an Exacto. A few things about the face, case and movement seem a bit off but not sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated. My comments: Face: Seems appropriately worn, applied logo, but the white lettering seems new and/or incorrect. Mostly they say Oceanmaster on the bottom although I have seen one picture of without the Oceanmaster name. Case: Appears to be notched at the crown, haven't seen this in any other pictures. However, back seems authentic. Movement: Says Mondia (?) on the rotor and 30 jewels, both of which seem newly engraved. 1700/01 appears. Finally, the bracelet says Hong Kong so is probably newish but the clasp appears original, both in terms of the "Exacto", the wear marks and the fact that two Vietnamese names are engraved on it. The signed crrown is not my picture but mine is the same. Over to you in the detective division! Thanks! Name:  Exacto_1s.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  101.6 KBName:  Exacto_2s.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  78.7 KBName:  exacto_4s.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  88.6 KBName:  Exacto_5s.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  73.4 KBName:  Exacto_3s.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  5.4 KB
    Last edited by redcow; April 22nd, 2012 at 13:59.

Re: Exacto help

Hi!

Yes, an Exacto Oceanmaster with a nice BOR-bracelet, which is surely a few years newer(but highly sought after), but wears an original megarare Exacto clasp.
    AS 1701 is correct, but the rotor is replaced. The dial is refinished, obviously they had problems with fixing the fitted Exacto-logo - it looks a bit bevelled. Nice that the original "E"-crown is still present.
    Here a few compare pics of my Oceanmaster in all original condition with the same movement:

Name:  Exacto Oceanmaster a.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  330.3 KB

Name:  Exacto Oceanmaster AS 1701 a.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  466.7 KB

Name:  Exacto Oceanmaster back.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  345.7 KB

Meanwhile it wears an original NOS bracelet:

Name:  Exacto Oceanmaster NOS bracelet.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  128.3 KB

Name:  Exacto Oceanmaster NOS clasp.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  127.3 KB

There´s also a black dialed version, here two pics from a forum mate at the Rado Forum(The original crystal doesn´t wear a loupe):

Name:  Ken Oceanmaster b.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  Ken Oceanmaster c.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  79.9 KB

There also had been a manual winded version with AS 1703, pics on my HP.
    When the Exacto brand was given up in 1958, the Oceanmaster became a Rado Green Horse.

You have a nice and rare watch though not all completely original, so enjoy it and wear it in health!
    Best regards, Mike

Thanks again, Mike. Oddly, the dial hasn't been refinished as it is spotted and pitted but the white lettering looks recent. Either that or they did a poor refinishing job or it is an older refinish. I do like that clasp with the Exacta and original owners's names engraved on it and the BOR is incredibly comfortable. Keeps very good time and I smile every time I look at it. Lovely $50.00 watch! Yours is a beauty and a good reference point, my serial # is: 1010821. Thanks again for sharing your expertise. T.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

50 $ is a steal - the BOR-bracelet alone is worth more.
    Best regards, Mike

Thread Information