Fake zenith pocket watch?

Thread: Fake zenith pocket watch?

Fake zenith pocket watch?

Hi, i have a zenith pocket watch but no series number on it, all it says is zenith swiss made 17 jewels engraved on the back of the machinery... is it posible that it could be fake? i have attached a picture of the back of the watch. if anyone can help?
    thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fake zenith pocket watch?

Looks like a modern pocket watch with a movement similar to Unitas 6497. It has shock protection as far as I can see. I doubt it's a fake. Maybe Hartmut Richter will be able to comment further.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Well, it certainly isn't a plump fake - and the movement definitely isn't an Unitas one. However, it isn't one of the characteristic Zenith PW movements of the early years of the 20th century. This seems unsurprising since it ahs shock proofing. Zenith made PWs well after WWII however so that, although I only know the famous Cal. 5011 (and this isn't it!), I would tentatively say that it is a mid-20th century Zenith PW. The general plate structure is rather similar to the Zenith Cal. 106 or Cal. 126 series, except that those were Savonnette calibres and this is a Lepine watch. Still, the overall structure does look like a Zenith movement.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure that it is a Zenith movement. Its micrometer regulator (similar to Triovis) wasn't used in other Zenith movements before ca. 1970 and is still used in some calibres of present production. And as Zenith movements were not numbered since the mid sixties, it's no wonder that a serial number is missing.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Thanks for helping out there! I also thought it was a Zenith but would never have put it that late! You learn more every day.....

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information