Falling deeper into the vintage rabbit hole... - Page 4
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Falling deeper into the vintage rabbit hole...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Falling deeper into the vintage rabbit hole...

To many, Modern Art ..Abstract expressionism for example, is junk because they dont perceive art as any thing that is not representational. I have talked to people with that view. That may be a poor analogy but frankly I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can try to spell out to someone why Abstract Art is important..historical place in history or maybe the colors are just pretty. I collect wristwatches because I think many of them are beautiful ( incredible mechanisms aside) or interesting..design or dial...their historical timeline, etc. So buy what pleases you. If you were out to make money, thats a different story. Just my 2 cents. Regards and good luck.
    howards4th, Shum and RTB like this.

Falling deeper into the vintage rabbit hole...

30k watches holy crap!

I too am just starting on vintage watches although I do not plan on going that crazy with it. I have a list of brands/ watches I want to own and keep a list. If a watch stays on there long enough I take that as a sign to start looking for one. Right now I am searching for the right vintage Longines, the right vintage Doxa rectangle and a number of vintage Vostok Amphibians.

Currently my vintage collection consists of a Vostok Amphibian, a Luch 2209 (although that is about to be flipped), an Olma and if the late 80s count as vintage a digital Pobeda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; August 19th, 2014 at 05:10. Reason: added
    James A and busmatt like this.
    Olma, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Elektronika, Airavata, Elgin

My Mods: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/fin...d-1058328.html

Dear Sirs!
    Probably not to many Ladies around here ;-?
    With great interest as being a bloody amateur (amateur means actually lover) I read about your different and sometimes profound experiences with vintage. I got this dangerous, time consuming bug also, and and it happened only some weeks ago.
    Till then I was interested in possessing only one at a time, cause I was confident, that you cannot wear anyways more than one. So I was completely happy with contemporary new pieces. From time to time there was a wish for a change, in the last 2 decades only 2 modern IWC's. As of now, I'd like to change my alias name, cause in vintage I don't feel attracted to a brand, but to an era, the 50's. Probably this comes from being my decade of birth.
    It started with 3 old pieces, heirlooms of good friends of mine. They don't care about horology, so I tried to find out for them more about. I did that in browsing the web and it did not take long, arriving here to WUS.
    I started a thread about these 2 WWIi pieces here, a Lemania and a Tritona, and had done before in a german forum (watchlounge) about the 3rd, a Breitling Cosmonaute of 1966. If anyone would like to follow the short intensive process of me being catched, at the end of my contribution here, there are the links.
    In learning and studying I fell completely in love with the subject, and till now ended up with a Lemania of 1956 and an Omega of 1958. The journey has begun.

warm regards and here are the links:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/lem...d-1061014.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/tri...t-1061010.html

COSMONAUTE Navitimer (Ref. 809) aus ca.1967 (REVISIONSKOSTEN vs. Marktwert?) - Breitling Vintage - WATCH LOUNGE FORUM
    bobbee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

BTW here are wristshots of my first vintage ones, I am afraid more to come….
    regards Franz

Name:  meine omega wristshot kleiner.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  277.5 KBName:  Lemania wristshot.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  203.6 KB

Welcome to the mad house.

Ric

Looking at this lot it seems hopeless to all who join. I include myself. I have had a gorgeous Bulova Accutron from 67 and some Ingersol from whenever that suited my vintage needs. Then.... and Lord knows how it happened. .... I find myself on bay looking and bidding and now it's addictive. Just picked up a lovely Stowa in need of a new case and currently watching about 5 other pieces. I have a long way to go to reach even 50, current collection stands at 12 but I can see how it gets out of hand. For me it's vintage divers I am looking out for.
    Shum, James A and Sdasurrey like this.
    JR

LOL I stay away from eBay as much as I can and only search for things I really need so as not to get dragged in.

Looking forward to the end result of these 2 watches. Love both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwcfriend View Post
    Dear Sirs!
    Probably not to many Ladies around here ;-?
    With great interest as being a bloody amateur (amateur means actually lover) I read about your different and sometimes profound experiences with vintage. I got this dangerous, time consuming bug also, and and it happened only some weeks ago.
    Till then I was interested in possessing only one at a time, cause I was confident, that you cannot wear anyways more than one. So I was completely happy with contemporary new pieces. From time to time there was a wish for a change, in the last 2 decades only 2 modern IWC's. As of now, I'd like to change my alias name, cause in vintage I don't feel attracted to a brand, but to an era, the 50's. Probably this comes from being my decade of birth.
    It started with 3 old pieces, heirlooms of good friends of mine. They don't care about horology, so I tried to find out for them more about. I did that in browsing the web and it did not take long, arriving here to WUS.
    I started a thread about these 2 WWIi pieces here, a Lemania and a Tritona, and had done before in a german forum (watchlounge) about the 3rd, a Breitling Cosmonaute of 1966. If anyone would like to follow the short intensive process of me being catched, at the end of my contribution here, there are the links.
    In learning and studying I fell completely in love with the subject, and till now ended up with a Lemania of 1956 and an Omega of 1958. The journey has begun.

warm regards and here are the links:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/lem...d-1061014.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/tri...t-1061010.html

COSMONAUTE Navitimer (Ref. 809) aus ca.1967 (REVISIONSKOSTEN vs. Marktwert?) - Breitling Vintage - WATCH LOUNGE FORUM

Regards,

Banned

I hope this deep dive into vintage pans out.

I've purchased 4 vintage pieces in the past week, and am eagerly anticipating their arrival.

The first two arrive today. This will be arriving on Saturday:

Last edited by DexDegeaut; August 24th, 2014 at 06:27.
    bobbee, Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information