A Favorite Ingersoll 1901 Pan American

Thread: A Favorite Ingersoll 1901 Pan American

A Favorite Ingersoll 1901 Pan American

I am finally getting back to this board to begin showing a few of my Dollar Watches. I have been collecting these gems for about 5 years now, and though some consider this realm of Horology to be insignificant, we must remember that even though many of these watches were in the $1.00-$5.00 price range, They were the first watch that many boys, girls,men and women could afford to own between the years of 1880-1960's, and roughly 200,000,000 were manufactured,by approx. 10 companies.
    This 1901 Ingersoll Watch commemorating the Pan American Exposition held in Buffalo, New York has one of the most beautiful paper dials of any I have ever seen. This event also had the unfortunate reputation of being the place where President William McKinley was assasinated.
    Rob31 NAWCC Ch. 106,149 click on image for larger version
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: A Favorite Ingersoll 1901 Pan American

beautiful dial and movement... certainly not anything you think about when you hear 'dollar watch'. Thanks for posting!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

:thanks eeb for the comment. Here is a recent acquisition . An Ingersoll Display case from the 1920's . These were sold by Ingersoll to their merchants as a display and sales aid. They were generally sold at a very low price to promote sales and usually placed on the counter or in some ovious location to customers I have 5 of these cases all different in design ranging from 1900- 1940 all holding a different # of watches and most are filled with the correct watches for the period. As time allows I will post them. I have added this photo showing 3 more dispay cases complete w/ watches, and these last 2 photos are from the front and rear of the circa 1900 case and its back cover explaining how only Ingersoll watches should be displayed inside of it. This case is Oak with painted glass logo.

Rob31 NAWCC Ch 106,149

Last edited by Rob31; October 24th, 2008 at 06:29.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob31 View Post
    I am finally getting back to this board to begin showing a few of my Dollar Watches. I have been collecting these gems for about 5 years now, and though some consider this realm of Horology to be insignificant, we must remember that even though many of these watches were in the $1.00-$5.00 price range, They were the first watch that many boys, girls,men and women could afford to own between the years of 1880-1960's, and roughly 200,000,000 were manufactured,by approx. 10 companies.
    This 1901 Ingersoll Watch commemorating the Pan American Exposition held in Buffalo, New York has one of the most beautiful paper dials of any I have ever seen. This event also had the unfortunate reputation of being the place where President William McKinley was assasinated.
    Rob31 NAWCC Ch. 106,149 click on image for larger version
    Very nice Not your average 'Yankee', that's for sure.

Does this watch have the usual push-down-to-set crown?

Amazing! It's like being in a time warp ...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

:thanks Yes , it is a standard Pendant push to set Ingersoll. The company made a series of these watches commemorating this event. I'll dig out the advertising on the entire series and post it.
    Rob31

Another Ingersoll Rarity

This is an Ingersoll Watch Co Salesmans Display Case from the 1920's complete with a variety of the correct watches for the time period. Including a travel alarm clock, 2 Wristies and space for extra bands. A truly Unique item.

Rob31 NAWCC Ch.106,149 Click Thumbnail to enlarge

Last edited by Rob31; October 24th, 2008 at 23:45.

Re: Another Ingersoll Rarity

You have an awesome collection! Very, very, impressed.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Truley amazing Rob, I am VERY impressed.
    I have not really seen a collection such as yours.
    The salesman's display case in you last post is
    just incredible...

Peace,
    Scott

Bujumon & Marrick, :thanks
    It began as a hobby and quickly became a passion. The company having been in business ( Ingersoll) for over 50 years, produced a phenomenal number of products. Well over 100,000,000 Timepieces not to mention the 8 other dollar Watch companies to collect. It's fun to say the least!

Rob31

Thread Information