favre leuba automatic?

Thread: favre leuba automatic?

favre leuba automatic?

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a few pictures of a Favre Leuba watch that I got off my father, according to his recollection my grand mother brought it for him from Saudi Arabia for his 17th or 18th birthday.
    I've tried searching the internet and this site to no avail for something that looks similar. So, I've taken a bunch of pictures from my cell and would like if some of you knowledgeable people could shed some light on the watch.
    Not having any special tools or any experience, I haven't been able to open the backcase of this watch and hence, can't post any pictures of the movement, but I will try opening it again and post the pictures if successful.

It has Favre-Leuba Geneve written on it below 12 O clock and Automatic right above the day and date.
    6709-51 and 876 are engraved on the back case

Other notes: The date is changed by pressing the crown in, it seems to have some sort of a spring in it. basically, it acts like a button, you press it in and the date advances and the crown springs back again, to change the time you just pull the crown out one step and rotate it clockwise.

Thanks in advance.

btw first post on WUS :D

Name:  OXPmw.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  510.1 KBName:  7QU1c.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  454.5 KBName:  vnL2C.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  490.2 KB
    Last edited by bargie; September 17th, 2012 at 04:56.

Re: favre leuba automatic?

I don't know much about Favre Leuba, other then we see a lot of "questionable" ones come in from India all the time. This one doesn't look bad to me, but I can see that the crystal gasket has come out on the right side of the watch, which suggests that someone has been mucking about with it. You want to get that fixed; moisture is apt to get into the watch that way.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Re: favre leuba automatic?

Thanks for the reply, I think thats just a trick of the light because it seems to be properly fixed in there with no gaps whatsoever. I just checked quite thoroughly. im thinking its maybe some sort of reflection because if i twist the watch about it gives the same effect on the right side :S

Thread Information