Favre Leuba Bivouac
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan S

Thread: Favre Leuba Bivouac

Favre Leuba Bivouac

Hi folks,
    I came across this watch and now am trying to find out as much as I can about it. So far it seems to be a very rare watch and I was wondering if some of you forum members have any input. It is missing the red altimeter hand but the small seconds is working well and running just fine. I have posted some pics. I am also trying to assess the value.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Favre Leuba Bivouac

These show up now and then, but they are fairly uncommon. Often the barometer/altimeter will not work because the air pressure capsule has lost its integrity, and I don't think it's easy to replace them. So you will need to find a replacement hand and then check to see if the barometer/altimeter function works correctly.

If you read the forum rules, you will see that valuations are not offered. You can use an advanced search eBay to find previous sales, and also look through previous sales on various collectors' forums. Obviously you will need to adjust for condition issues.
    Tony C. likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    These show up now and then, but they are fairly uncommon. Often the barometer/altimeter will not work because the air pressure capsule has lost its integrity, and I don't think it's easy to replace them. So you will need to find a replacement hand and then check to see if the barometer/altimeter function works correctly.

If you read the forum rules, you will see that valuations are not offered. You can use an advanced search eBay to find previous sales, and also look through previous sales on various collectors' forums. Obviously you will need to adjust for condition issues.
    As a matter of fact one of our favorite shops has one for sale!

Edit - sold.
    Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty cool -- what size is the case diameter?
    Steve
    Texas Hill Country

Thread Information