FAvre Leuba Help/Identification Please?

Thread: FAvre Leuba Help/Identification Please?

FAvre Leuba Help/Identification Please?

Hi All,

The "FL" automatic watch, working, was in my late father's effect and wanted to find out some information. I beleive it was bought in early 1950's, not certain but think in UK but possibly in Singapore.

The serial numbers on back are......... 2409 and1001.

It is approx 30mm diameter and 10mm thick.

Any details and worth would be most helpful.............Many thanks....Chris
    Name:  front.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  619.7 KB

Re: FAvre Leuba Help/Identification Please?

Nice! But You will have to provide a picture of the movement. I don't know when FL started to build their own automatics - so it is not neccessarily a FL movement. Is that gold or just filled / plated?

Apologies for delay in replying, the pics came out blurry when I took to jeweller to take back off. It did show it was 17 jewel and marked as Favre-Leuba inside. As to gold, don't think so as cannot find any hallmarks.

Any help, details of value, where purchased would be most helpful and again sorry for delay in replying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No need to excuse! Unfortunately I can not provide further information. There are so many different swiss movememnts with 17 jewels, that does not get us anywhere. The fact, that it is marked as "Favre-Leuba" does not meant it was made by Favre-Leuba. However, that is a minor detail, a lot of companies did not produce their own movements.
    As per the value: We do not provide valuations here. However it is rather low, as small gold plated watches are not aftersought.

Thread Information