Favre-Leuba Twin Power from India

Thread: Favre-Leuba Twin Power from India

Favre-Leuba Twin Power from India

My mother used to warn me about being 'burned once, twice shy', but I'm looking at the following auction out of Mumbai:

VINTAGE FAVRE LEUBA GENEVE TWINPOWER WINDING MENS WATCH on eBay.ca (item 230543461808 end time 03-Nov-10 19:31:29 EDT)

I've bought one watch from these guys (a Cyma), and was told by my watchmaker that movement was badly jerry-rigged. Now, I should know better....

.... but I can't help myself, and I really like the spare looks of this Favre-Leuba, redial and all.

Can anyone give a quick commentary on the movement photo? I'm a complete neophyte in this regard.

Your frank opinion would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Jim

Re: Favre-Leuba Twin Power from India

I think that watch is a fantastic piece that will be a perfect match with your other watch. Go for it and enjoy the pleasures that can only be found in barely running watches cobbled together with worn-out components!
    Last edited by John MS; November 3rd, 2010 at 15:41.

This watch looks better in pics than in the hand... I've seen enough to know. Caveat Emptor.....
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Jim,

these Favre-Leuba movements usually look like new if coming from less humid and hot areas
    of the world. So a movement looking like this is simply trash.

I must admit that the dial was fairly repainted for Mumbai conditions, but the movement is
    ready to dispose, and the case needs reasonable work to get it near water protected.

Better search fo such watch (or almost any old watch) in Australia, Europe, or North
    America. I actually never (=never) saw a Favre-Leuba from India, which I would bid the
    shipping charge for.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Thank you - I think I needed a reality check, expecially since I've already been lead down that path once before.

Anyway, I asked for candid responses, and I got them. Thanks again,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    enjoy the pleasures that can only be found in barely running watches cobbled together with worn-out components!

Thread Information