Fellows auctions

Thread: Fellows auctions

Fellows auctions

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with this company?

They currently have a watch in an upcoming auction that I am very interested in but I'm a bit inexperienced with auction in general out side eBay. Basically the question I'm asking is do they have people checking auction lots thoroughly for provenance and authenticity of watches being sold? They seem to be a very kosher company but even experts can be fooled occasionally.

Re: Fellows auctions

I usually buy in person with fellows, but once I could not make it up, emailed them a week before asking for further photos of the dial and movement and they sent lots if detailed pictures.

They are a good company, but they are not a retail shop, you have to decide if you are happy buying the watch or not.

I agree with Dom. Their descriptions are accurate and tend to be a bit conservative when detailing faults, etc. They obviously have a watchmaker poke around and note condition (as opposed to some intern listing the items…) In my experience, they do check authenticity and clearly state if there are doubts. They don't generally have replica watches and so on.
    Their estimates are close to the final price - some auction houses undervalue their lots to tempt newbies in. The pace of their auctioneer is fast and consistent, he doesn't play around with long pauses, jokes and so on.
    Like Dom says, caveat emptor, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've used them a lot. I don't any more cas they banned me after I refused to pay for a blancpain that didn't work but was not listed as such. they are very very very crafty. what they omit from the description is usually what u need to worry about. always ask for a details condition report. also never ever leave a commission bid as u can guarantee that's he bid the actioner starts with. once you add the 20 percent buyers commish eg are not cheap and u really do run a risk of getting something battered. lots of delegates use fellows to knock out stock that they know would be returned via eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Dom said (and not rushing to Fellows side, but…) it's worth inspecting the lots - any lot, any house - before buying. There are no bargains there, but few (true) bargains on eBay, either. Caveat emptor, caveat emptor, caveat emptor.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try e-mailing them for more information on the lot. Especially a movement photo.

Thread Information