Hey fellas. I just wanted to share my grandfather's 1956 Hamilton K-455 that I inherited a bit over a year ago. I think it's a fantastic piece and I really enjoy wearing it, as well as the family history that goes along with it. I recently got it back after about a month and a half or so. It was running before (I don't think it had ever been serviced), but I decided that I wanted it looked over because it had sat in a drawer from at least since 1978 (maybe even longer, I don't know) after my grandfather died (I never got to meet him).

I really like the vintage bracelet, but it's too large for my tiny wrist, so I think I'll either swap for a leather band or some alternative bracelet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone can specify the movement that is likely inside, please let me know (I don't want to open up the case, so if no one knows because of that, that's fine). Just curious.

Here are some iPhone pictures. I'll try to take some high quality shots tomorrow if anyone would like them.