Fine old style chronograph w.w.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By artb
  • 3 Post By Eeeb
  • 2 Post By artb
  • 1 Post By artb

Thread: Fine old style chronograph w.w.

Fine old style chronograph w.w.

Not sure of right forum category for this. Interested in any pro or con comments. Being old fashioned type I have acquired and sold without loss several Speedy Pro and other big ones. Prefer the old style compact Chronos. Traded a good p.w. for this one. Originally sold in 1998. Unfamiliar with Marcel. Has 7750 Valjoux mvt. Nicely finished. 4 atm waterproof with screw down buttons and crown with sharkskin. Only 37mm outside diameter. Sapphire back and front. 14 years old now. Bet few made; nice little ones I prefer seem to be unpopular.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by artb; January 1st, 2012 at 17:07.
    busmatt, kazrich and bobbee like this.

Re: Fine old style chronograph w.w.

Interesting that we are in an era when a 7750 based wristwatch is considered small-ish... LOL

Marcel added the moonphase and rim-date complications. Nice casing and dial.

This classical style attracts me too -- indeed here are my Candino Twins: a 7750 and a 2892-A2 with added complications. Sometimes I wear them on right and left wrists -- they seem a matched set

Last edited by Eeeb; January 1st, 2012 at 16:26.
    busmatt, kazrich and bobbee like this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Indeed a couple of nice ones, I would not know about otherwise, elaborate but practical.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch. Nice pick-up! Not sure how good that pw was, but you probably did very well.

A quick search turned up a few JM moonphase versions with very hefty pricetags. $2K and up.
    Dave
    Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a Chronoholic. It's been almost a XXXX day since my last chrono buy. I'm still going through DTs, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Not a steal. We agreed on valuing traded Agassiz chronograph in 16s g.f. U.S. case $1k. Thanks for valuing. When new JM was $2k.

Should be obvious which of 2 below I kept.

Last edited by artb; January 1st, 2012 at 17:37.
    busmatt and bobbee like this.

Well, the market may value the Breitling more but I love that Lemania. 18K??
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Well, the market may value the Breitling more but I love that Lemania. 18K??
    2and 1/2 year thread I neglected to respond to. Glad to know we are yet both survivers. 18k and ss for the good Brietling. I sold for profit. Acquired at garage sale for $1100. Keeping Marcel chrono. Are they still active Swiss or German distributors? The 14k gold cased chronometer marked Lemania was garage sale $40. purchase from son of original owner. I find only one auction sale for it at best Patek equivalent level. artbissell

Last edited by artb; September 14th, 2014 at 13:06.
    bobbee likes this.

Thread Information