First Vintage Watch - Rodana Chronograph - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: First Vintage Watch - Rodana Chronograph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: First Vintage Watch - Rodana Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    The crown on this watch will only wind and set hands
    Top button starts AND STOP the minute center sweep hand.
    The seconds counter at 9 - should NOT stop even if sweep center hand is stopped
    Bottom button should re-set 'sweep minute hand' to 12.
    If its sitting it say to 11 or 1 - then that is a very minor 1 minute fix.
    All that seems to check out. I think $300 is a fair price for a full over-haul. I realize that this isn't a particularly rare movement, all things considered. But I'm not into watches (vintage or not) to make money. And I have a long standing belief that anything that's survived as many decades as this watch should be treated with respect and cared for.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

I have its brother

Mine is a Landeron 48 and has also had problems resetting the chrono seconds. The above the crown pusher starts the timing. The below the crown pusher stops the timing. Then another push of the below the crown pusher resets the chrono seconds. Sometimes that requires two pushes. Sometimes you need to push the start pusher then the reset pusher. I had it back once to my watchmaker and it got better but the intermittent failure rate is low enough I'm happy enough with it. It is evidently a bear to fix.

The red scale gives the distance in km of a flash/sound event.

These are beautiful pieces. Mine is in the regular wearing rotation.

Last edited by Eeeb; July 18th, 2013 at 04:37.
    Marrick and TheWalrus like this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    And I have a long standing belief that anything that's survived as many decades as this watch should be treated with respect and cared for.
    ABSOLUTELY
    resetting hand back to zero takes a few minutes.
    Its a lovely Landeron movement
    Regards
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    I have its brother

Mine is a Landeron 48 and has also had problems resetting the chrono seconds. The above the crown pusher starts the timing. The below the crown pusher stops the timing. Then another push of the below the crown pusher resets the chrono seconds. Sometimes that requires two pushes. Sometimes you need to push the start pusher then the reset pusher. I had it back once to my watchmaker and it got better but the intermittent failure rate is low enough I'm happy enough with it. It is evidently a bear to fix.

The red scale gives the distance in km of a flash/sound event.

These are beautiful pieces. Mine is in the regular wearing rotation.

Beautiful watch! I love hearing that it's still working for you, and as a regular wearer too! Also - thanks for the info on that red measurement ring - awesome to know, next thunder storm I'm going to be testing it out.... well at least once I get it serviced and cleaned. The more I learn about this watch, the more of a fan I am of it.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information