fortis marine master

Thread: fortis marine master

fortis marine master

hello all this is my first post i have just inherited a fortis marine master dress watch circa 1950's it is a mechanical winder my father had had it since new i read somewhere once these are rare but i cant find any other information on it. it is in very good condition and when i learn to post piccies i will show you all. I have a mixed collection of vintages and moderns but would love to find more about this fortis thank you

Re: fortis marine master

We'll need to see some pictures before we can really help you.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: fortis marine master

Well, there is a Fortis forum on WUS... maybe they would know more. But they may only know the modern stuff.

As to Fortis itself, they don't do dress watches like they used to... mostly today they are into astronaut watches. But their quality has always seemed good.

I have only a modern Forits Spacematic Eco (Autoquartz). But it is one of my favorites! Wonderful clean dial.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information