Found My Holy grail at last!
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Found My Holy grail at last!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Found My Holy grail at last!

First of all i would thank you all for the great info this forum provides, i've only been collecting for 2 years and this watch was the reason i started collecting. now after 2 years of buying, selling and trading it's finally here and i would love to show you guys.

My Omega speedmaster Professional, Cal.321, ref. ST105.012, 20 december 1967.(same watch as neal armstrong wore on the moon)NASA approved.
    I'm the third owner of the watch, (the second owner immediately sold it to me without wearing it) The watch still had the protective plastic cover on the glass because the first owner was afraid to damage it. The watch is totaly original(case, dial, pushers, crown, glass) except for the chrono-hand and the minute hand (they lost the lume part in the hands because of age, so they were replaced by NOS Omega parts) the bracelet is NOS and not original, but it's a very nice and safe Omega 1998/849
    The watch was send to Omega for all the archives information. The watch was properly serviced by my watch maker and it's running very well.

The question i have for you guys is the following, knowing the watch is 50 years old (but serviced good), is it something i can wear almost daily? (i have a desk job so nothing spectacular:) i'm curious about you guys opinions on this, knowing you all have some very nice pieces out there :)
    Now, my pictures
    )Name:  Moonwatch 1.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  116.4 KBName:  Moonwatch 4.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  136.1 KBName:  Moonwatch 2.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  107.1 KBName:  Moonwatch 3.JPG
Views: 371
Size:  104.8 KBName:  Moonwatch 7.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  77.4 KB
    kazrich, bobbee, JP71624 and 3 others like this.

Re: Found My Holy grail at last!

Really nice purchase - and wow does it look great indeed. I'm jealous :)

Wow. Congratulations. Nice find.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Congratulations! Should you wear it? Depends on your priorities. Will you want to sell it again at a profit? In that case, put it in the safe and avoind even the slightest scratch. If not, then Yes, do wear it - every day if you can! Watches were primarily made for enjoyment and the greatest enjoyment you will get is by wearing it. My most expensive watch (Zenith ChronoMaster 410) has some nasty scratches on the bezel but I don't care. I will never sell it.

Hartmut Richter

Dear sir, thank you for your response,i think the same way, but some people( family and friends keep telling me not to) i would prefer selling my soul instead of this watch :D this is FOR ME the ultimate watch in collecting, i will never sell it again, it's a keeper for life :)
    greetings,
    Matthias
    Paleotime likes this.

rock it. these watches are manufactured to be worn,and so did even the astronauts:)I would get a period correct bracelet, but that's me.
    Wear it daily, wear it with joy.Just don't expose it to water.Did you have a pressure test done? If yes splashes and rain also won't hurt.

dear sir, thank you very much, no swimming with it was not on my to do list ;) ! the bill of the juweller (by the previous owner) said it was watertested in mai, but i will have it checked next week, just to be sure :)
    greetings, matthias

A well-serviced watch will do what it was built for. So the answer is yes - wear it.

Regards,
    Tomcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

I fix up watches so people can wear them again so you know what I want you to do.
    Cannonball likes this.

Well, it entirely depends on you. To be honest, I am not sure what I would do if I ever got one of my grails. Having said that, watches were made to be worn. There certainly are risks involved with wearing a mechanical watch everyday. If you are prepared for that certainly wear it everyday. If not, wear it on special occasions.

Kind regards

Aditya

BTW, by original crown I hope you do not mean the crown dates back to 1967

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information