French watch website online
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: French watch website online

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French watch website online

For anyone who's interested I've just uploaded the beginnings of my French watch website, half a dozen articles and a gallery so far, with more to come over the next week or so.

If anybody wants to contribute any info or photos I'll be happy to add them (and of course credit the author )

www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html

I'd be interested in any comments anyone has

Thanks for looking, (if you did )
    joeuk, redcow, howards4th and 1 others like this.
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Re: French watch website online

Great website, love the guest house rooms, and great location. Now to the watch part, all great info esp when I need to find a french made watch. You could do with some main menu buttons on some of the links. Will place in my fav bar for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    Great website, love the guest house rooms, and great location. Now to the watch part, all great info esp when I need to find a french made watch. You could do with some main menu buttons on some of the links. Will place in my fav bar for future reference.
    Thanks Joe, I'll work on some more menu buttons over the next few days
    John

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Excellent John! Good work that man.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Congrats, John!

Great work! I like the site, a perfect compilation of the contents you´ve already researched and presented here and a good source for people who are interested in French vintages. I also like the design, of course I bookmarked it.
    To the details: The first link opens an extra page, the others don´t. You should install a counter and watch the increasing number of visitors. The only problem you could get with the page is that more people will get interested in French vintages and the prices of your treasures will increase.
    BTW, nice guesthouse in an interesting ambiente! Just your map-link is dead.

EDIT - Maybe you can integrate the pics of other forum members, I´m sure you´ll get the allowances. E.g. those in the Mortima thread would be great additions.
    Last edited by mike184; June 8th, 2012 at 22:53.
    Best regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike184 View Post
    Congrats, John!

Great work! I like the site, a perfect compilation of the contents you´ve already researched and presented here and a good source for people who are interested in French vintages. I also like the design, of course I bookmarked it.
    To the details: The first link opens an extra page, the others don´t. You should install a counter and watch the increasing number of visitors. The only problem you could get with the page is that more people will get interested in French vintages and the prices of your treasures will increase.
    BTW, nice guesthouse in an interesting ambiente! Just your map-link is dead.

EDIT - Maybe you can integrate the pics of other forum members, I´m sure you´ll get the allowances. E.g. those in the Mortima thread would be great additions.
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll check out the things you mentioned, thanks for letting me know. I've got a counter installed, but it doesn't show up to anyone other than admin (me ). What I was thinking of doing was another gallery to integrate other people's pics, that way it doesn't exclude those with French watches that aren't specifically mentioned on my site. Even though people who've posted photos of their watches have "kind of" put them in the public domain I wouldn't want to put them on my site without their permission,or offend anyone, even though I'd obviously title them as "xyz's Mortima" for example. Perhaps I should put a note on the forum about it?
    John

What is a 'service wash' that you get free with weekly stays?

Nice site. (The watch page needs a linkback to WUS if you put it in your .sig)
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    What is a 'service wash' that you get free with weekly stays?

Nice site. (The watch page needs a linkback to WUS if you put it in your .sig)
    Madame will either do your laundry or wash your car, whichever is the dirtiest, you have to put yourself in the shower tho

Is there a downloadable logo that I can use to front the link? If not I'll do a screen dump to get the logo from Forum page
    John

Great work John!

Is a very nice site and as stated above.... very nice looking guesthouse....

wish I had something to add!

Marc
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Very Impressive John, Congrats! I know that's a big undertaking. Nice work!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information