FULGOR?!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: FULGOR?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FULGOR?!

Hello all,

I'm new to the site, having registered this very afternoon.

Judging by some of the profiles I've clicked through, I suppose I am what is at best described as an amateur, in comparison. I have a relatively small collection of watches, some inherited, some I've picked up along the way.

I'm currently eyeing a watch which "looks" like my kind of thing - manufactured by a company called Fulgor in the 1950's, but I'm having trouble finding much information on them.

My rather dumb question, now that I come to the point of phrasing it in my mind before typing it out (but here goes, in any case) is this:

Were they any good?!

Thanks (and please be kind to the newcomer!)

Re: FULGOR?!

Welcome to the forum, I've never heard of fulgor but there was a proliferation (that's a big word)of watch companies back then and a lot of them used some great movements and many the same as some of the better known brands, so it's possible to pick up a bargain, depending on price it's very often worth taking a punt on one and then seeing what you've got. All part of the adventure.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Thanks, Matt - much appreciated.

The watch uses the L51 Landeron mechanism - so as you say, one of the movements that was used in better-known-brands of the time.
    busmatt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No - it's listed on e-bay. I'll happily share the link but not sure if that's permitted?

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

If the auction is no longer open, it's permitted. Otherwise, it is still permitted for educational purposes (forum rules & guidelines). If we need to educate you, that would probably cover it.

Hartmut Richter
    busmatt likes this.

Thank you, Hartmut. For the purposes of my education, in that case:

STUNNING VINTAGE SWISS CHRONOGRAPH 1950'S 18K SOLID ROSE GOLD/CAL LANDERON 51 | eBay
    busmatt likes this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Looks like an old watch in squeaky clean condition. Which always makes one wary - especially with regard to the dial. This is probably refinished, in spite of what they claim, but with the original name (if they had wanted to "upgrade" the watch, they would hardly have put an obscure brand on the dial - they usually use "Baume & Mercier", "Ulysse Nardin" or "Girard Perregaux" for such watches, at least from what I have seen). Whether it is worth 1000$, I don't know - a fair share of the price can only be justified by the gold content since Landeron chronographs usually go for rather less, even in excellent condition.

Hartmut Richter

Hi Ludfan,

Welcome. The seller you show certainly likes gold watches and they all look in good condition ... I mean everyone. I think that alone is unusual. Looking at the watch you like I cant see anything to say that the dial is repainted. Others will also look and perhaps comment.

Regards,

Thank you for that very interesting response, Hartmut.

I had considered the price is somewhat higher than normal, taking the gold into account - but I'm naturally wary of Ebay, so your opinions are very welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information