A "Future Classic" Book
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ben_hutcherson

Thread: A "Future Classic" Book

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

A "Future Classic" Book

A month and a half back, there was a very significant auction of American pocket watches held by Bonhams in New York. All of them came from a single collection, and many pieces resurfaced that last sold at the Atwood Time Museum auction in 2000.

I was not able to attend the sale or even to bid on any of the lots, but several good friends of mine bought significant pieces from the auction(which, incidentally, went very inexpensively as a whole) and I've had a good chance to view many of the sold items "in hand" since then.

This is a sale that will go down in history. Even though I was not part of the auction, I was fortunate to be able to acquire one of sale catalogs. The catalog is really a well-done publication, and goes down in the historical record as providing at least some provenance for all the pieces sold in the auction.

Name:  IMG_0938.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  274.9 KB
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Re: A "Future Classic" Book

Very cool.

Now! He tells us!

We want 'heads up' prior to sales!!
    Adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Re: A "Future Classic" Book

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    We want 'heads up' prior to sales!!
    Adam
    The least I can do for my friends is to "shut up" at least when it comes to stuff they're interested in :)
    Paleotime likes this.
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Thread Information