Gallet MultiChron 12 - thoughts?

Thread: Gallet MultiChron 12 - thoughts?

Gallet MultiChron 12 - thoughts?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Looking at the historical information on the Gallet wesite it looks pretty good.. not any exact match but I'm sure they changed hand configurations etc. as the years rolled by.... A little concern is the tritium application looks to be a tiny bit sloppy - not sure if this is how they were??

Thanks in advance

SUPERB 1960s MULTICHRON 12 GALLET 3 REGISTER CHRONO - TAG & BOX - ULTRA RARE WOW | eBay

Re: Gallet MultiChron 12 - thoughts?

This is a very nice example. It houses the Excelsior Park EP40-68, which means this watch is between 1968 and about '72. The EP is considered an in-house movement, as Gallet had a big partnership with them, supplying both financial and Gallet personnel help, and later abosrbed the entire company in 1983. The tritium (designated by the small T in the 6 o'clock subdial) was hand applied, no worries there. I have a Flying Officer from 1967 and its tritium application looks the same.
    This piece is in wonderful condition, the movement looks pristine and it also has the box and hang tag. I would have though that $1700+ was high, but the bay had a rather plain-looking multichron 12 sell earlier this week for over $1600. I guess Gallet is finally getting the attention it deserves with their vintage pieces - although that makes it harder for those of us who collect them!

This watch has been re-listed, as they had a very limited description before. I emailed them with some more information that they put in this new listing. It would certainly be a great addition to a serious collection, as long as it is within your budget. Really can't go wrong with it.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Thanks DragonDan... great information....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The vendor is a great couple. Sometimes Mike has some very interesting finds.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information