gentlemen, be not fooled.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sherwoodschwartz

Thread: gentlemen, be not fooled.

gentlemen, be not fooled.

VINTAGE ETERNA-MATIC CALIBER-1248 TC AUTOMATIC GOLD CAP WRIST WATCH | eBay

as a devotee of eterna, it pains me to see these sort of things. yet an important lesson hides within the tiny steel case. because of the close relationship between eterna and eta, this sort of abomination is possible. the only things from the listing verifiable as original eterna are the case back and the plates of the movement. although i'm sure the hideous repainted dial would have warning enough, i would be saddened if a member here, or potential member, would innocently stumble into purchasing this...thing.
    Marrick likes this.

Re: gentlemen, be not fooled.

It is from India... I would expect no less than a nice looking collection of whatevers flying under a repainted FL logo.

Regular readers of this forum are one up on the masses... but it is always good to remind those just stopping in for an occasional post.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: gentlemen, be not fooled.

That's funny - I never knew of an association between Eterna and Favre-Leuba....!

More seriously, I really didn't know that it was possible to fit an ETA rotor onto an Eterna calibre.....

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information