Germinal Voltaire?

Thread: Germinal Voltaire?

Germinal Voltaire?

Better pictures coming, just got it yesterday; and in the last 23 hrs 27 mins it's gained 4 secs. It looks infinitely better than pics indicate.

Paid $53 shipped. Dial is like new, crystal nearly so.

I know it's not the deal of the century, but does anyone know anything about it? It's marked "Swiss" on dial, case, and movement, which also has what appears to be "1325" and "1326" by the letters "AS," standing for "A. Schild"???

But the kicker is that it's absolutely gorgeous, at least to those of us who appreciate elegant conservative simplicity. Pics tomorrow will attempt to do it justice. The dial script and silvery sunburstish dial and applied markers all conspire to make it look a lot like a contemporaneous IWC model from the period. Croco-like leather is on its way.

I'll be much obliged for any info or comments, and will definitely post more pics presently.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Germinal Voltaire?

A very nice watch in excellent condition. I don't know the brand at all - I suspect it was a short-lived one using generic movements. I think yours has an AS1525 or AS 1526 movement bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: AS 1525

As you say - 'elegant conservative simplicity'.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Here's another of germ and also a coupla others
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice vintage watches
    Klein aber mein

I have one of these too! Really nice 1960's dress watch...I was surprised that there isn't more information about them out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    Better pictures coming, just got it yesterday; and in the last 23 hrs 27 mins it's gained 4 secs. It looks infinitely better than pics indicate.

Paid $53 shipped. Dial is like new, crystal nearly so.

I know it's not the deal of the century, but does anyone know anything about it? It's marked "Swiss" on dial, case, and movement, which also has what appears to be "1325" and "1326" by the letters "AS," standing for "A. Schild"???

But the kicker is that it's absolutely gorgeous, at least to those of us who appreciate elegant conservative simplicity. Pics tomorrow will attempt to do it justice. The dial script and silvery sunburstish dial and applied markers all conspire to make it look a lot like a contemporaneous IWC model from the period. Croco-like leather is on its way.

I'll be much obliged for any info or comments, and will definitely post more pics presently.

Thanks in advance!
    I don't know anything about the brand but it's beautiful and the perfect example of what a wristwatch should be. Easy to read at a glance without all of the gizmo's and gadgets that are not used and clutter up the watch and make it look like a mechanical octopus. Plus it has a little hand that goes round and round so you can also tell at a glance that it's running and doing it's job. And the colors are perfect and not like a roulette wheel in Las Vegas.

Thread Information