Girard-Perregaux Medico Compax

Thread: Girard-Perregaux Medico Compax

Girard-Perregaux Medico Compax

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’m planning to buy a Girard-Perregaux Medico Compax watch. This is a vintage doctors watch.
    I don’t find much information about this particular model. I found this model very similar to famous 1966 model.
    I will be greatful if someone can educate me on history, signifcance and price.

Case material: 18k solid gold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Girard-Perregaux Medico Compax

Do you have more photos of the dial at high resolution? It could just be that photo, but I have some concerns about the dial. The numbers in the pulsations scale are sloppy, and I don't like the way the "40" and "45" on the pulsations scale appear to bleed into the inner circle. And also the printing of "MEDICO-COMPAX". The "E" in "GRADUE" should have an accent over it. I think you should take a very hard look. If the dial has been repainted, it's going to have a huge effect on the value.

Edit: I found this on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Girard-Pe...2047675.l2557) from a seller in Jordan. I'm pretty sure it's a re-dial. In addition to the above concerns, there are serious alignment issues with the pulsations scale. For example, the "120" should obviously be aligned with the 3 o'clock mark (15 seconds), but it's way off. I'm also concerned that the movement has some plates that are badly oxidized (e.g. the balance cock), but the bridge that is marked "Girard Perregaux" is bright and shiny. The same is true of the inside of the case-back. Many of the stamps are faint, but the "Girard Perregaux" stamp looks sharp and new. This watch seems like it may have been tampered with.
    Last edited by badbackdan; July 5th, 2018 at 02:26.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Yes, you are correct. 15 min marking on thr scale is not aligned with the 120 marking on outer scale. Also GRADUE should have been written as GRAUUÉ. Dial is also misaligned.
    Thank you “badbackdan” for cautioning me.

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    Do you have more photos of the dial at high resolution? It could just be that photo, but I have some concerns about the dial. The numbers in the pulsations scale are sloppy, and I don't like the way the "40" and "45" on the pulsations scale appear to bleed into the inner circle. And also the printing of "MEDICO-COMPAX". The "E" in "GRADUE" should have an accent over it. I think you should take a very hard look. If the dial has been repainted, it's going to have a huge effect on the value.

Edit: I found this on eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Girard-Pe...2047675.l2557) from a seller in Jordan. I'm pretty sure it's a re-dial. In addition to the above concerns, there are serious alignment issues with the pulsations scale. For example, the "120" should obviously be aligned with the 3 o'clock mark (15 seconds), but it's way off. I'm also concerned that the movement has some plates that are badly oxidized (e.g. the balance cock), but the bridge that is marked "Girard Perregaux" is bright and shiny. The same is true of the inside of the case-back. Many of the stamps are faint, but the "Girard Perregaux" stamp looks sharp and new. This watch seems like it may have been tampered with.

Thread Information