A good Yorkshire based watch repairer
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A good Yorkshire based watch repairer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A good Yorkshire based watch repairer

Hi,

I have a Tissot Seastar watch which I inherited from my Grandfather, this watch has great sentimental value.

However the watch is need of a bit of attention, it requires a good clean and a few parts, that I can only see from looking at, such as the stem.

I have been told that going to a private watch repairman would be a better option to the high street jewellers, so I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend anyone within the Yorkshire area that would be more than happy to help me get this watch to a wearable state?

It also is in need of a strap but I'm trying to find one of these myself at the minute.

Here are some pictures of the watch and any thoughts/recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

Tissot Watch Photos by scotttolan | Photobucket

Re: A good Yorkshire based watch repairer

Has anyone got any good recommendations as to straps, I am wanting a light brown one with a gold buckle, however finding one is harder than I anticipated, maybe because I have been trying to find a Tissot one with an 18mm width to keep it in the 'Tissot' theme.

Although I've realised I may have to look further afield now.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Hi there,

Its better to add the pics of your watch... hopefully someone can suggest a good repairer for you!

As for the strap... If you want a 'tissot' buckle, you could just buy the strap you want and buckle separately... Im sure ebay will sell these...
    scotttolan likes this.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

I suppose adding the pictures would have been a better idea, hopefully someone can recommend someone, if not I'll have to go out and get quotes etc.

I've found a nice Hirsch strap with a gold buckle that I may use, still looking around though.

Inactive

Give it a chance man, your original post has only been up for four hours - it's a global website - takes time for people to see it :)

Is that 18mm lugs? - There are some 18mm deployment Tissot straps on ebay as far as I can see so far :), not sure if they have branding on them though - didn't look that closely

If you're going parallel straps >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...uckle&_sacat=0

or tapering , it's probably gonna be a 16mm obviously >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...uckle&_sacat=0
    Last edited by watchma; July 2nd, 2013 at 21:30.

Yeh it would be 16mm at the buckle end, currently interested in this strap - HIRSCH MEDICI - Leather Watch Strap in GOLDEN BROWN with IVORY Stitching - then either getting the golden buckle with it or buying a actual Tissot buckle and changing it. Decisions, decisions ;)

Quote Originally Posted by scotttolan View Post
    Decisions, decisions ;)
    Looks like a very nice strap... think you may be able to find it cheaper else where though.

That said, for a lot less, Cousins UK sell 'Tissot' straps...

https://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/wa...f-brown#select

you may need to register to view them!

But, if I was you, i would get the watch up and running (maybe buy a cheaper strap - Brown Leather Padded Watch Strap. Fast Delivery From UK | eBay so you can wear it for testing the timekeeping) before buying a £40+ strap. Would be a shame to spend the money, to then find the watch cannot be repaired.
    watchma and scotttolan like this.
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Ahhh, that sounds a much better idea! :)

The hirsch strap is a curved end so might find it harder to fit this watch its also a thick strap. You would be better off with a brown croc effect strap. I have used a guy in wakefield a few times and as spare parts for some watches. He is in a unit due to doing work for jewellery shops his shop is called F K Mearis normally charges £50 for a full service. Another guy I have used before is in Birstall the shop is called Armitages the guy is getting on a bit now and doesnt have the means of computers to find parts on ebay you will probably find many watch guys dont have the time to find tissot crowns in gold for you so may need to find one yourself but like I said F K Mearis as spare parts so he may have one already.

Inactive

A nice cheap - but good looking strap brand - that I've bought many times is Darlena
    I love the alligator's they do particularly

darlena 18mm | eBay
    scotttolan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information